$7.69
      MP2:
      $1.40
      MP3:
      $3.57
      CO:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, K.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.16, 2 folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.54) 3, 8, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, MP2 raises to $1.24(All-In), BU calls $1.24, Hero calls $0.76.

Turn: ($4.26) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.70, Hero folds.

River: ($6.96) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.96.

MP2 = TAG Shortstack 7/7/5.0/1.1k hands
      BU= 31/16/5.4/256 hands

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the english forum. Been active on the dutch forum for a while, but decided I'm occasionaly going to check out the english forum as well, starting with this hand which I found very difficult.

I'm presuming MP2 is shoving with AK/AQ or a set. BU calls but I think JJ/TT/99 could be in his range that I beat.

Reason I fold on the turn is because there are 2 pair possibilities.

Should've folded on the flop? Maybe even reshoved the BU for my stack?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rvvrecke,

Glad to see new faces posting into our community, hopefully you will like it here. :D

About the hand, I'd say it's damn close on flop, for the reason that we are so deep with BU and he could easily be trapping with any kind of set type of hands, I think this is the spot where I might even prefer to fold. EVEN if he does have there just weaker Ace, it's just not worth to find out and risky near 200BB. The problem is also that we will be OOP. :( As played I'd fold it on turn.

Also the problem with shoving is that he will have hard time Calling with worse anyways and do we really want to ship it there being 200BB deep? Rather not. Just curious, what did he have then, weaker Ace?

Best regards.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello rvvrecke,

Glad to see new faces posting into our community, hopefully you will like it here. :D

About the hand, I'd say it's damn close on flop, for the reason that we are so deep with BU and he could easily be trapping with any kind of set type of hands, I think this is the spot where I might even prefer to fold. EVEN if he does have there just weaker Ace, it's just not worth to find out and risky near 200BB. The problem is also that we will be OOP. :( As played I'd fold it on turn.

Also the problem with shoving is that he will have hard time Calling with worse anyways and do we really want to ship it there being 200BB deep? Rather not. Just curious, what did he have then, weaker Ace?

Best regards.
      Thank you for your welcome.

And indeed he had AQ, as suspected. MP2 had AK. That's why I maybe thought a shove would have been nice to get the BU off.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rvvrecke
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello rvvrecke,

Best regards.
      Thank you for your welcome.

And indeed he had AQ, as suspected. MP2 had AK. That's why I maybe thought a shove would have been nice to get the BU off.
      The problem is that we rarely will get Called by a lot worse and while we are so deep, I don't really like to go broke with just TP. Rather avoid such spots.