Hero ($5.08)
      UTG+1 ($1.53)
      UTG+2 ($8.74)
      MP1 ($1.54)
      MP2 ($5.07)
      CO ($4.09)
      BTN ($5.17)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.33

FLOP ($1.02) 6:heart: 6:diamond: K:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

TURN ($2.62) 6:heart: 6:diamond: K:heart: 7:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB raises to $2.75, Hero raises to $3.78 (AI), BB calls $0.95 (AI)

RIVER ($10.02) 6:heart: 6:diamond: K:heart: 7:diamond: 5:club:

-------------------------------------

I thought that he would have pushed pre-flop with AA or KK, and I was ahead of most other hands (like pocket pairs). His raise is suspicious of course, but you see that a lot with weaker hands. How would you play this hand?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

In fact he made 3bet pre, so he could have AA/KK here. We dunno anything about the villain, but I think I'd just bet/fold flop as he's not raising with worse here, but could still call. When called betting turn should be still fine as he still could have worse hands, but we should give up against a raise as we're beat then.
      But reads helps a lot in these situations to understand how often he 3bets/cbets and how he handles those 3bet pots. If he's really tight I may bet flop, but check back turn, because if his 3betting range is AQ+/JJ+ it's going to be hard to get calls on turn from worse hands and it's more likely he's trapping us. But as I said - without any information I'd just bet out myself.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello feketepok,

Preflop: I'd actually just fold the hand here, ain't worth playing against such a raise, we will have hard time postflop if we do miss and often times we wont even play such hands profitable in long run for the reason that we can't overplay him postflop. Rather just have to hope for a hit but of course we don't hit that often enough to satisfy the Call, unless we know the opponent.

As played
      Postflop: What else do we want to hit here? It's a 3bet pot therefore we hit a pretty good card for us and I'd likely just go broke, there is no point to Call preflop and then giving up our TP on such board. When you are considering giving it up on such board then the question is why do you Call at all preflop?

Best regards.