This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKs squeeze

• nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.38)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10.10)
      UTG+1 ($4.16)
      CO ($4.05)
      Hero ($11.79)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.90, CO raises to $4.05 (AI), Hero raises to $11.79 (AI), fold

FLOP ($9.45) 9:club: 2:club: 7:club:

TURN ($9.45) 9:club: 2:club: 7:club: T:diamond:

RIVER ($9.45) 9:club: 2:club: 7:club: T:diamond: 8:club:

UTG. vpip: 30, pfr: 22, af: 7.0, 89 hands
      CO. vpip: 6, pfr: 4, af: 0.5, 50 hands

I think its ok to squeeze here, but what to do later when UTG calls and CO shoves? I did shove because UTG range didnt look strong but CO is so tigh im not sure if its fine idea. but if i 3bet/fold i was bluffing when i squeezed but i was doing that for value so i suppose i have to play for stacks here?
  • 2 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I play this the same way as you. If this was higher limit & CO had full stack, and player knew you sqz light then I would defo be worried about CO, but as it is I think he is shipping AQ/most pairs and I think we do v good against his range + so much dead money now. If UTG 4b I am more worried than if CO 4b's at this limit, unsure what I do vs UTG but if he is good player I get it in anyway because he is good enough to realise that he should be shipping QQ alw. Anyway as it happens he doesn't 4b and I think that the fact he flats means he has a strong hand but not one he is confident of shipping, so as played I think v standard ship and well played hero.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

For the reason that CO doesn't have full I'd play the same way. Nice hand!

Best regards.