Help With Elephant

• JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      edit by HannesZ: Please mind your language! Our Elephant forum is covered during the working hours and you will receive an answer to all your questions. Flaming won't help you, do get a proper answer.
  • 21 replies
    • PS.Markus
      PS.Markus
      Bronze
      Hi JDOG420,

As of today you've posted a single support request: Full Tilt Poker

The request has been promptly answered on the next day, which I find reasonable since you posted on a Sunday.

I don't see any evidence whatsoever that you were receiving a lack of support. If I'm mistaken you're welcome to contact me at elephant@pokerstrategy.com.

Anyhow I'd appreciate it if your cadences of conversation regained a civilised form again.

Cheers,
      M.
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      My apologies for the language and attitude that arose from my frustration. You didn't deserve it. And the readers and contributers of this forum didn't deserve it.

I checked my version of Elephant and although it said that I had the latest version, I downloaded the new version and I am still not getting any stats when I play at Full Tilt. I filled out one of the templates but that seems to have been deleted.

I looked back at some of the other problems, and couldn't figure out a solution. (Even setting the clock to EST didn't work.)

What would the next step to solving this be?

I would appreciate any help you could give me.
    • PS.Markus
      PS.Markus
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks. I do appreciate your comment.

Our support guys will pick this up tomorrow morning.

In the mean time:

Are any hands imported at all? Do you see them on the hands tab?

Please also check the log file. It's located in your documents folder in "PokerStrategy.com\PokerStrategy.com Elephant\Logs". You can either post it here or send it by email.

Cheers,
      M.
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      I'm getting the message:

Connection to database NOT successful. Please ensure that PostgreSQL is running and your settings are correct.

How do I check these settings?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey JDOG420,

please make sure the postgreSQL database service is up and running. You can check that via the control panel -> administrative tools -> services.

Search for the postgreSQL database server and make sure it is started and the starttype is set to 'automatic'.

In case the service is running already, my best guess would be that you specified a wrong username / password combination. You can find the correct username by right clicking the service (as mentioned above).
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      It is set to automatic.....

When I downloaded the first version and entered all those fields, it loaded fine, just no connection to FT.

Now with the new version installed, I'm getting the data error message.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Well.. if you are getting error messages regarding the connection to the database service we have to find the cause for this problems.

Are you using any sort of firewall or software that maybe interfering with the connection?

Can you confirm that the username/password used, are correct?
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      The username and password appear to correct.

I am using the firewall that comes standard with my cable modem...

Before I downloaded the new version of elephant, I believe I was able to connect and save data for a game at party Poker. It looks like this version of the program uses a different database?

Also - off topic - is there an English version of the ICM Trainer? The only one I can find is in German? Or is there a switch to change language? (Or should I start a new thread for this question?)
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      Ahhh... found the language switch...Thanks!!
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      Sigh....

OK...

I'll try uninstalling and re installing it and see what happens.

I'm spending more time on this that actually playing Poker. :-(
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      Yeah... No. That didn't help at all....
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      Here is the log from the latest attempt. Thanks in advance. :)

2011-02-03 14:02:53,643 - [1] 32685 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      -------------------- System.IO.IOException --------------------
      - Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      - Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
      - TargetSite: Int32 Read(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
      - HelpLink: <null>
      - Source: System
      - InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte()
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnumerable`1 ienum)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectedState.Startup(NpgsqlConnector context)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.Open()
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.GetPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorInternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Open()
      at PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(String& in_sBinPath)
      -------------------- System.Net.Sockets.SocketException --------------------
      - Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
      - ErrorCode: 10054
      - SocketErrorCode: ConnectionReset
      - NativeErrorCode: 10054
      - TargetSite: Int32 Receive(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
      - InnerException: <null><none>
      - StackTrace:
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
      at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
      2011-02-03 14:03:13,582 - [1] 52625 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - Message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      - StackTrace:
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnectorInternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.RequestPooledConnector(NpgsqlConnection Connection)
      - TargetSite: Int32 Receive(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
      - StackTrace:
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
      2011-02-03 14:03:14,672 - [1] 53715 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:43,626 - [1] 82669 ERROR: Error updating database to current version
      -------------------- PS.Common.Database.DatabaseException --------------------
      - TargetSite: Void CallDatabase(System.Action)
      - Source: PS.Common.Database
      - InnerException: System.IO.IOException<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Common.Database.Controller.DatabaseWorker.CallDatabase(Action databaseAction)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.GetHighestVersion()
      at PSE.Database.Controller.ElephantDatabaseController.TryUpdateDatabase()
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider.GetConnection()
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SuppliedConnectionProviderConnectionHelper.Prepare()
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.GetReservedWords(Dialect dialect, IConnectionHelper connectionHelper)
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.Update(ISessionFactory sessionFactory)
      at NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl..ctor(Configuration cfg, IMapping mapping, Settings settings, EventListeners listeners)
      at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.BuildSessionFactory()
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.NHibernateHelper.CreateSingleton(String connectionString)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.NHibernateHelper.get_SessionFactory()
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetHighestVersion>b__3()
      at PS.Common.Database.Controller.DatabaseWorker.CallDatabase(Action databaseAction)
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:43,734 - [1] 82777 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(PokerStrategyElephant.DatabaseDescription, Boolean): Cannot export nHibernate schema
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.GetHighestVersion()
      at PSE.VersionUpdate.Controller.VersionUpdateController.TryEnsureLatestVersion()
      at PSE.VersionUpdate.Controller.VersionUpdateController.EnsureLatestVersion()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(DatabaseDescription usedDatabase, Boolean doPatch)
      - StackTrace:
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.GetReservedWords(Dialect dialect, IConnectionHelper connectionHelper)
      at NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.Update(ISessionFactory sessionFactory)
      at NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl..ctor(Configuration cfg, IMapping mapping, Settings settings, EventListeners listeners)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.NHibernateHelper.CreateSingleton(String connectionString)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.VersionHistoryRepository.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetHighestVersion>b__3()
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:46,788 - [1] 85831 ERROR: Failed to retrieve postgres version!
      -------------------- Npgsql.NpgsqlException --------------------
      - Severity:
      - Code:
      - BaseMessage: Failed to establish a connection to ''.
      - Detail:
      - Hint:
      - Position:
      - Where:
      - File:
      - Line:
      - Routine:
      - ErrorSql:
      - Errors: System.Collections.ArrayList
      - ErrorCode: -2147467259
      - TargetSite: Void Open(Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector)
      - Source: Npgsql
      - InnerException: System.Exception<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at Npgsql.NpgsqlClosedState.Open(NpgsqlConnector context)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.NHibernateHelper.GetPostgresVersion()
      -------------------- System.Exception --------------------
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:46,799 - [1] 85842 INFO : Installed PostgreSQL version:
      2011-02-03 14:03:49,395 - [9] 88438 ERROR: Error in Void PS.Import.Controller.AnalysisController.AnalyseThreadFunc()
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Import.Controller.AnalysisController.AnalyseThreadFunc()
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:49,565 - [1] 88608 INFO : Starting background version check...
      2011-02-03 14:03:50,947 - [13] 89990 INFO : Background version check finished.
      Latest Version: 0.87.1381.2210
      NewVersionAvail: False
      IgnoreUpdateVersion:

2011-02-03 14:03:53,679 - [9] 92722 ERROR: Exception caught in PS.Poker.Tournament.Tourney PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.GetTourneyByTourneyId(System.String, PS.Poker.PokerRoom, Boolean)
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.SessionLayer.GetById[T](String elementId)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepositoryCore.GetById(String elementId, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepositoryCore.GetTourneyByTourneyId(String tourneyId, PokerRoom pokerRoom, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.GetTourneyByTourneyId(String tourneyId, PokerRoom pokerRoom, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.SessionLayer.get_Session()
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.SessionLayer.<>c__DisplayClass24`1.<GetById>b__21()
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:03:53,695 - [9] 92738 ERROR: An error occurred while accessing the nHibernate repositories.
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepositoryCore.GetById(String elementId, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepositoryCore.GetTourneyByTourneyId(String tourneyId, PokerRoom pokerRoom, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.GetTourneyByTourneyId(String tourneyId, PokerRoom pokerRoom, Boolean queryHandsFromDB)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:18,573 - [9] 117616 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:33,061 - [9] 132104 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:50,014 - [9] 149057 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:51,097 - [9] 150140 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PBN.Database.PostgreSQL.InitializeConnection(System.String ByRef)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:54,768 - [9] 153811 ERROR: Error updating database to current version
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:54,776 - [9] 153819 ERROR: Exception caught in Boolean PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(PokerStrategyElephant.DatabaseDescription, Boolean): Cannot export nHibernate schema
      - StackTrace:
      at PSE.VersionUpdate.Controller.VersionUpdateController.TryEnsureLatestVersion()
      at PSE.VersionUpdate.Controller.VersionUpdateController.EnsureLatestVersion()
      at PokerStrategyElephant.MainForm.UseDatabase(DatabaseDescription usedDatabase, Boolean doPatch)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:57,828 - [9] 156871 ERROR: Failed to retrieve postgres version!
      -------------------- Npgsql.NpgsqlException --------------------
      - Severity:
      - Code:
      - BaseMessage: Failed to establish a connection to ''.
      - Detail:
      - Hint:
      - Position:
      - Where:
      - File:
      - Line:
      - Routine:
      - ErrorSql:
      - Errors: System.Collections.ArrayList
      - ErrorCode: -2147467259
      - InnerException: System.Exception<none>
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.NHibernateHelper.GetPostgresVersion()
      -------------------- System.Exception --------------------
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:04:57,836 - [9] 156879 INFO : Installed PostgreSQL version:
      2011-02-03 14:05:02,727 - [9] 161770 ERROR: Exception caught in Void PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.Store(PS.Poker.Tournament.Tourney)
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.SessionLayer.Store[T](T element)
      at PS.Common.nHibernate.Repositories.PersistentRepository`1.Store(T element)
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.Store(Tourney element)
      - StackTrace:
      at PS.Database.nHibernate.SessionLayer.<>c__DisplayClass31`1.<Store>b__2f()
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:05:02,732 - [9] 161775 ERROR: An error occurred while accessing the nHibernate repositories.
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:05:03,377 - [1] 162420 INFO : Initializing shutdown (shutting down controllers).
      2011-02-03 14:05:03,593 - [1] 162636 INFO : Finalising shutdown.
      2011-02-03 14:05:04,106 - [9] 163149 ERROR: Exception caught in Void PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.Store(PS.Poker.Tournament.Tourney)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:05:04,111 - [9] 163154 ERROR: An error occurred while accessing the nHibernate repositories.
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:05:05,439 - [9] 164482 ERROR: Exception caught in PS.Poker.Tournament.Tourney PS.Database.nHibernate.Repositories.TourneyRepository.GetTourneyByTourneyId(System.String, PS.Poker.PokerRoom, Boolean)
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      2011-02-03 14:05:05,452 - [9] 164495 ERROR: An error occurred while accessing the nHibernate repositories.
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
      - StackTrace:
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      I'm afraid I have to see this on your machine to help you any further. I've sent you a friend request via http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/

As soon as you accept it you can send me your contact information (Skype, etc.) and I'll have a look at it.
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      OK....

I craft a reply and hit the post reply button and get taken to the German language shopping page...... WTF?

Lets try again.....

Where do I look for that friend request? When I follow the link you gave me I see this "Welcome, JDOG420, you have no unread messages and no pending invitations. "

Sorry to be such a pain...... ?(
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      Hello?????
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      OK.... So I sent you a friend request.... I'm assuming that is what you we're intending...
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      OK.....

I followed the instructions for "Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly."

Uninstalled Elephant (again) and reinstalled it.

Same problem.....

Still asking..... anyone have any ideas?

Please.......

Anyone......
    • JDOG420
      JDOG420
      Bronze
      So...... just ignore me and see if I go away?????

I would assume that this is you way of telling the readers of this forum that you have no clue on how to fix this and don't have the balls to admit it.....

Was this offer real or were you just jerking me around: "I'm afraid I have to see this on your machine to help you any further. I've sent you a friend request via http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/ As soon as you accept it you can send me your contact information (Skype, etc.) and I'll have a look at it. "

You just proved publicly that you don't actually have any integrity.

Nice!!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey JDOG420,

we do not work on weekends. Please take this into consideration.

I'm afraid the invites aren't working. I don't have one from you and you obviously didn't get one from me.

Here's my Skype Contact "XXXX", the region would be "XXXXXX" if you search for me. Please add me to your list. In case you don't have a Skype Account please let me know and we figure out how to get in contact.

I am willing to help you, we haven't forgotten you and I can assure you I have the knowledge needed to fix your problem.

Edit: Seems like I was able to send you a message via the community feature on the site. Therefor I'm removing my Skype Account Information from this post. Please get back to me via the forums and not via private message!