Unreal downswing / tilt

• bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      Hey guys - i think i know the answer to this but here goes !

Started the 50 bucks on WH and in the first 5k hands spun it up to 300 with bonuses THEN started getting outdrawn by fish when clear fave ie sets flushed away you get the picture !

Now i am down 30 buyins for 10nl and decided to depo 200 bucks but just seem to have this real defeatist attitude toward the game - i reckon i need to take a break and come back to the game in a week or so.

Thoughts ?
  • 9 replies
    • bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      Will post hh and a graph soon
    • bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      Have decided what i am gonna do - analyse the last 10 crappy sessions and fixs the untold amount of leaks i must have and make notes on the villans
    • LONGPLAY66
      LONGPLAY66
      Bronze
      you say that you are repeatedly getting it in ahead...so you don't need to fix anything,you are not to blame for being outdrawn.....feel free to be annoyed at the outdraws but DO NOT be annoyed at yourself if you are playing good poker.
    • bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      Initially that was the case but as an example today limp 45 button turn the ass end of a straight / pot it sb raises allin - i know i am beat by better straight but still call to see 59 =[

I get 3 bet by sb again with TT call flop comes 554 get it in to see QQ - it pisses me because i know i can beat 10 and above but cant seem to shake the tilt and also dwell on previous shitty sessions

I have decided to spend and hour trawling through HEM to examine the worst losing sessions over the last week pick the worst hands and post em here with my thoughts and mindset to get you guys to help me turn this moment of doo
      Switch around
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm also coming back from a very similar downswing now... Usual downswing I'd say. That's poker - get used to it.
    • bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      I know dude and agree ^^^ dont get me wrong i aint moaning about the situation - i am dissapointed i go on this self destruct mode :(

I start playing decent tag poker then all it takes is a couple of beats and i find i carry the mindset through to the next sesh
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Try reading "The Poker Mindset", maybe it will help. At least you will get acquainted to a lot of truths and realities of poker.
    • bobtheslob
      bobtheslob
      Bronze
      Have just read the articles on psychology and have to say they are excellent just what i needed - as of tomorrow i am going to print all of the articles to silver and work through them - then post some of my horror hh on here - already feeling more positive about the situation :)

I think my issue was developing bad habits and not accepting the facts ! Going to aspire to turn it around starting with stepping up my game
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, good psychology skills are much more important than it might look. I'm also going to somehow develop them after a long time :f_love: Two -25BI downswings in 40k hands and being break even after 125k hands when 15k hands before I almost had beat my limit - something should be wrong here :D