How to pick poker rooms and bonuses?

• SilverSag
      I am currently playing NL10 FR and for bankroll building purposes plan to switch to new poker room as soon as my first deposit bonus (or time for it) runs out.

My current thinking is something like this:

Since I still play on low limits and its easier to find tables for lower limits in smaller poker rooms I plan to work my way up from smaller poker rooms and networks to bigger ones, leaving Poker Stars and Full Tilt for the last, since they are probably the rooms where I will stay for good if I do reach some results and get to higher limits.

Any ideas, experiences or suggestions on this?
  • 8 replies
    • theguy
      make sure that the smaller rooms have a decent traffic and good tables. I cant see a reason why not start at pokerstars. Why have you decided like that ?
    • CryoGenic
    • breena
      Yeah theres no reason you cant leave a site and go back there later. It can be quite profitable as they will offer you bonuses to come back. :evil:

I cant see why you don't go to the bigger rooms, more traffic at tilt or stars
    • lynius
      I've just started out and began at Full Tilt to get the $50 bonus, even though I was more interested in PokerStars.

I'm happy to choose Full Tilt to begin with because then I can build up a bankroll and put it into stars, enjoying their deposit bonus along the way, whilst keeping some bankroll on full tilt to play there whenever I want.
    • Leito99
      any microgaming site
    • NIVEKii
      Originally posted by Leito99
      any microgaming site
      Don't agree. Close to none FR tables + bonuses clear quite slow to be honest.
    • SilverSag
      Originally posted by theguy
      make sure that the smaller rooms have a decent traffic and good tables. I cant see a reason why not start at pokerstars. Why have you decided like that ?

Because, when I just started to play poker, I opened accounts in all three biggest rooms (did some research, you know) - PartyPoker, FullTilt, PokerStars WITHOUT any bonuses, rakebacks or links to PokerStrategy or any other affiliates.

I will play around the smaller poker rooms and then, after a year or so, will try to open new accounts in those rooms.

Another reason is exactly what people are saying here - the tarffic is quite low on smaller rooms, so only reason to join them is at lower levels when there is still some action.
    • jonnyquest
      Don't open new accounts. It's just not worth the risk. Pokerstars VIP system is for everyone not just tracked accounts. Same goes for Party Poker. With Full Tilt you can contact their support and with some polite negotiating they will add 27% rakeback to your current account.

I suggest playing at these sites as they offer the most volume and bonuses. If you generate a good amount of rake they will often give you bonuses after extended periods of inactivity. Just jump around between these sites as they are way better for a "bonus whore"

Good luck