This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

bankroll management

• gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      do you believe that bankroll management is so important?i mean do you believe its a big difference using the 1% 2% or 5%?because if using 5% u have 20 buy ins.if u use the 2% u have 50 bi.a good player should never be down 20 bi so even a 10% bi management is pretty good.what is your opinion about this?
  • 4 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gekitsios
      do you believe that bankroll management is so important?i mean do you believe its a big difference using the 1% 2% or 5%?because if using 5% u have 20 buy ins.if u use the 2% u have 50 bi.a good player should never be down 20 bi so even a 10% bi management is pretty good.what is your opinion about this?
      I like to stick to the 2% rule of bankroll, as I tend to lose my bankroll too quickly and have to top up :P
    • StyleAni
      StyleAni
      Bronze
      A good player is never 20BI down? Show me 1 winning player that over 10k games has NEVER lost more than 20BI and I will insta cashout and send you all the money I have. :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yes, it is very important. And a good player can experience swings bigger than 20BI, i've seen graphs posted around 2+2 where someone was running about 500BI below EV in cash games. That's 500BI lost through no fault of his own.
    • jokin4party
      jokin4party
      Bronze
      and I just would like to say that the BRM is not depending only on the max BI you can be down. imagine you fellow a BRM of 20 Buy ins cause you know you will never be down more than 20 BI(and lets say its true), but 17/18 BI down is still possible, what do you expect from a player whos playing a game and knows that he fellows a good BRM, but somehow, when he clicks on cashier button discovers that he got only 2 or 3 balls left?!