bankroll management

• gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      do you believe that bankroll management is so important?i mean do you believe its a big difference using the 1% 2% or 5%?because if using 5% u have 20 buy ins.if u use the 2% u have 50 bi.a good player should never be down 20 bi so even a 10% bi management is pretty good.what is your opinion about this?
  • 4 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gekitsios
      do you believe that bankroll management is so important?i mean do you believe its a big difference using the 1% 2% or 5%?because if using 5% u have 20 buy ins.if u use the 2% u have 50 bi.a good player should never be down 20 bi so even a 10% bi management is pretty good.what is your opinion about this?
      I like to stick to the 2% rule of bankroll, as I tend to lose my bankroll too quickly and have to top up :P
    • StyleAni
      StyleAni
      Bronze
      A good player is never 20BI down? Show me 1 winning player that over 10k games has NEVER lost more than 20BI and I will insta cashout and send you all the money I have. :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yes, it is very important. And a good player can experience swings bigger than 20BI, i've seen graphs posted around 2+2 where someone was running about 500BI below EV in cash games. That's 500BI lost through no fault of his own.
    • jokin4party
      jokin4party
      Bronze
      and I just would like to say that the BRM is not depending only on the max BI you can be down. imagine you fellow a BRM of 20 Buy ins cause you know you will never be down more than 20 BI(and lets say its true), but 17/18 BI down is still possible, what do you expect from a player whos playing a game and knows that he fellows a good BRM, but somehow, when he clicks on cashier button discovers that he got only 2 or 3 balls left?!