[NL2-NL10] NL4 AKs bu-tp+fd turn decision

• dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Opp is tag 16/14 pfr from EP 8 ,af inf ,cbet 75 turn b 100 ,wtsd 22 over 145 hands.I did not 3bet him pfr because he's quite tight and did not want to fold his weaker range.
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $5.50
      SB:
      $13.06
      BB:
      $3.37
      MP3:
      $4.41
      CO:
      $1.17

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.16, CO folds, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.38) J, K, 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.92) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($2.12) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $4.92.

The main question for me is how to play turn? raise and get it in since I have good equity in case he calls with better or call .Which line is more optimal.If I raise on turn ,how much this is for value?. And river.Is fold in this case would be big mistake considering his hand range and combos? So can you suggest more optimal play :)
      Big thanks.
      Best regards,
      d :f_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dallievas,

It's kinda problematic to raise the turn, for the reason that what really worse do you expect to get Called from? There are only few hands which he is capable to continue there, also he is kinda reasonable player therefore I expect him to fold worse hands there on turn and likely continue with better ones. Therefore calling is likely find on turn but the river is rather a fold. I don't really expect him to take such a line with just TP or anything like that, more often has like 2pairs or something similar. Only reasonable hand which we beat is a bluff. He had KQ?

Best regards.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Yes,it was KQo.On turn I thought I can Have FE fro KQ and maybe AK.Thanks for evaluation a lot. :)
      :f_confused: