[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Call River shove with straight and possible flush on board

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I found the folowing hand very interesting and not sure if I played it correctly.

I raised from MP with KQo and called a minraise from SB. He gave me good odds and I had position, so I think it is fine.

On the flop I checked back because it seemed to me as a trap (according to his PFR). IMO he very often has Ax here, maybe eaven AA. I also had a gutshot.

On the turn I get my straight, but the board showed possible flush. I just called his bet. I didn't think he had a flush and my 3-bet would scare him if he didnt' have it.

He instant overbet shoved the river with blank on board. What he could have? I didn't think he will 3-bet me preflop with KJ or KQ of diamonds. I thought he could have trips and I called.

What do you think? Maybe 3-bet turn or fold river?

His stats (very small sample, so it doesn't have much effect): 7/7/29 (VP/PFR/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $11.32
      CO:
      $7.83
      BU:
      $10.60
      SB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.7) A, 7, J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.7) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.21, Hero calls $1.21.

River: ($4.12) 4 (2 players)
      SB raises to $7.99, Hero calls $7.99.

Final Pot: $20.1.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Preflop: I don't actually like the Call, for the reason that our hand ain't that strong either we can't Call for FD or anything, I'd just fold the hand, for the reason that sometimes they tend also to min-raise hands like KK, AA and now imagine us Calling and for example hitting Q and then going broke with just TP. Therefore to avoid such difficult spots rather just fold it.

As played
      Flop: Actually when he shows weakness here I'd rather just Bet it, often times maybe even take down the pot.

As played if flop was checked behind
      Turn: Rather Call here, not many worse hands will Call you anyways.
      River: As he insta shoves here, I think I'd rather prefer to fold, they are just picking so often such a move with flush and etc hand, and rarely with just sets. Also pretty much to Call and in long run I guess we more often lose money than earn.

Best regards.