This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A2s

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,36
      MP2:
      $4,54

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.97 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 2:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,85) J:heart: , 5:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,5, MP2 calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,85) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,3, Hero calls $0,30.

River: ($2,45) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $2,45

3barreling vs a full stacked would be my usual play. But he's short. Should I have gone for abet on the river? Or checking is fine?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

There is still a lot value from him on river and he likely just check behind a lot worse which he still might Call us, therefore I'd bet on river ~$1.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

There is still a lot value from him on river and he likely just check behind a lot worse which he still might Call us, therefore I'd bet on river ~$1.

Best regards.
      We'd have to call his shove, if he shoves the river right? But I was thinking the same, we should be ahead vs most mid pairs most of the time.

He showed up with 99 ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Best regards.
      We'd have to call his shove, if he shoves the river right? But I was thinking the same, we should be ahead vs most mid pairs most of the time.

He showed up with 99 ;)
      Nope, when he shoves then we have to fold there, even though the shove might be small but he wont shove there with just a lot weaker hands, could easily be Jx or whatsoever.