Turbo satellites to deepstack tourneys

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I am interested in playing some satellites to live events. Most of these live events are deepstacks (10k + starting stack) with slow structures.

Why is it that in order to satelite into one of these events I have to play Turbo, Rebuy satelites? I consider myself a reasonable deepstack player who dislikes turbos. I avoid rebuys mainly due to the luck factor (I have played many and 90+% of the time I will get all my chips in while way ahead only to get outdrawn by some donk who has been all-in more times than I can count).

Why is it that to satelite into a deepstack tourney with a slow structure, which rewards patient poker, I have to play a turbo rebuy tourney which requires the opposite type of play???? It just seems very strange and also very offputting to me.
  • 2 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Ok, so 27 people had a look at this and nobody had an opinion or even wanted to make a comment?

Fair enough, I guess everybody likes the turbo satelite setup just as it is then.

Thanks
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      structures are obv up to the poker room. find an event you want to play and sat in through a poker room which uses a structure that suits you.

I would be grateful that the sats are turbos to be honest. you get lots of donks in them that won't have a clue how to play by the time they enter the event.

this means the events are softer, which will obv benefit the thinking player .

If you want to go the live event route, steps is probably the way to go, either that or just play MTSNGs and treat them as sats until you have enough $$$ to buyin directly.