This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Turbo satellites to deepstack tourneys

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I am interested in playing some satellites to live events. Most of these live events are deepstacks (10k + starting stack) with slow structures.

Why is it that in order to satelite into one of these events I have to play Turbo, Rebuy satelites? I consider myself a reasonable deepstack player who dislikes turbos. I avoid rebuys mainly due to the luck factor (I have played many and 90+% of the time I will get all my chips in while way ahead only to get outdrawn by some donk who has been all-in more times than I can count).

Why is it that to satelite into a deepstack tourney with a slow structure, which rewards patient poker, I have to play a turbo rebuy tourney which requires the opposite type of play???? It just seems very strange and also very offputting to me.
  • 2 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Ok, so 27 people had a look at this and nobody had an opinion or even wanted to make a comment?

Fair enough, I guess everybody likes the turbo satelite setup just as it is then.

Thanks
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      structures are obv up to the poker room. find an event you want to play and sat in through a poker room which uses a structure that suits you.

I would be grateful that the sats are turbos to be honest. you get lots of donks in them that won't have a clue how to play by the time they enter the event.

this means the events are softer, which will obv benefit the thinking player .

If you want to go the live event route, steps is probably the way to go, either that or just play MTSNGs and treat them as sats until you have enough $$$ to buyin directly.