[NL2-NL10] NL:2, KK. Do you think I played it good?

• tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1,01
      Hero:
      $2,03
      CO:
      $3,05
      BU:
      $2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,08, BU calls $0,08, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,34) 4:diamond: , 4:club: , 2:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,29, CO raises to $0,68, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,39.

I'm thinking this raise can mean a lower overpair, over cards or maybe even a four.

Turn: ($1,70) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

I check the run incase im behind, I want some pott control and I don't think he will call with a lot of worse hands.

River: ($1,70) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,48, Hero calls $0,48.

Here I don't bet cause I don't want him to raise my bet cause then I have to fold, I rather call a small bet.

Final Pot: $2,66

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows tvåpar, kungar och fyror (Kh Kc)
      CO shows (Ac Ts)

Hero wins with tvåpar, kungar och fyror (Kh Kc)

I think I played this hand good and I want to know your opinion about it. The read I have on this player is that he is calling down big bets with TPTK when there is a FD on the board.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tryhardnoob,

Yeah, the play you picked is totally fine. Also sometimes depending on the opponent I like to donk the turn myself just for the reason that not let him Check behind like smaller PPs which he is still capable of doing. Overall, nice hand.

Best regards.