sss with a few extra bb added for little raises?

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      hello everyone!!
      I,m thinking(always a bad idea!!lol) that If I added a few extras blinds to my stack I could then use the extra to limp into the odd low paired or suited connectors type hand,just think it may open my range a little, could anyone give me their thoughts on this? :P

Roo
  • 6 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      hello everyone!!
      I,m thinking(always a bad idea!!lol) that If I added a few extras blinds to my stack I could then use the extra to limp into the odd low paired or suited connectors type hand,just think it may open my range a little, could anyone give me their thoughts on this? :P

Roo
      Hi Roo

from 20-25bb you play SSS. From 30bb+ you play MSS which is different, using a different range and more postflop play. It still does not allow much place for set mining though :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      hello everyone!!

Roo
      Hi Roo

from 20-25bb you play SSS. From 30bb+ you play MSS which is different, using a different range and more postflop play. It still does not allow much place for set mining though :)
      Thanks for the advise I have been reading articles all day about sss and I'm starting to see now how my thinking is wrong!!! :P

I do have another question though :P

If i'm playing sss and I have middle pair and an ace is on the flop would I always fold here???

Roo
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      If you are the preflop aggressor and you're heads-up you'd make a c-bet most of the time, even with an A on the board. Generally you fold on raises or donkbets, but first in you'd bet, since villain won't hit a flop 2/3 of the time.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeanGreen
      since villain won't hit a flop 2/3 of the time.
      this is a real eye opener to me!!! I tried it this morning with AQ never hit my flop but made a continuation bet of 2/3 of the pot and the guy folded!!I know there are times where I may get called or reraised but before this I would have folded in the past!! :P
    • pokerkingspades
      pokerkingspades
      Basic
      Tht s the beauty of the sss
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeanGreen
      since villain won't hit a flop 2/3 of the time.
      this is a real eye opener to me!!! I tried it this morning with AQ never hit my flop but made a continuation bet of 2/3 of the pot and the guy folded!!I know there are times where I may get called or reraised but before this I would have folded in the past!! :P
      My flop c-bet% is probably around 99% (as the preflop agressor, against 1 villain). There are a few spots when not c-bettting has an higher EV, (there's an article about that), but I haven't really implemented that in my play so far.