[NL2-NL10] TT - Push on Flop ok here?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $39.43
      Hero:
      $4.55

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      UTG+2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.25, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($3.60) 4:club: , 4:diamond: , J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $3.05 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $3.05.

Turn: ($9.70) K:spade:
      River: ($9.70) 7:diamond:

Final Pot: $9.70
  • 4 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Yes.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well played, your stack is smaller than pot, so its an easy push.
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      Well I think when we are HU with pocket pair like TT-JJ, and there is just 1 overcard is almost always ok to push as well, even with a slightly bigger stack.

Is that correct?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndreMG
      Well I think when we are HU with pocket pair like TT-JJ, and there is just 1 overcard is almost always ok to push as well, even with a slightly bigger stack.

Is that correct?
      Absolutely. I would even push with a stack slightly bigger than pot... I think 1.5 is a ratio that you can use to make a push decision in this spot.

Our opponents will often play against us with pocket pairs or even suited connectors. We are way ahead against those cards, but our opponent can possibly overestimate his cards, puting us on big overcards, thus will try to force us out of the hand. If we allow him to do it, we will loose a lot on distance.

On lower limits they will just raise no matter what...and you will be commited anyway)

Therefore, it is reasonable to push...