A girl's approach to Super-Turbo SNG’s – A SNG Blog

• PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Welcome to my poker blog.

I’m a girl in my early 20, my boyfriend got me into poker, and I have played for 3-4 months.:s_evil:

I currently play SNG’s and in the end of January I played different formats of SNG’s, trying to choose which format to play, and master it in the long run, and of course in some way make some money out of it.

I’m very goal orientated, but mostly in the long run, so I don’t tilt much.

My final decision landed on Full Tilt Pokers Super-Turbo 6-Max, because of Full Tilt’s rakeback and that they got TableNinjaFT, and I enjoyed the format.

My plan is to try to get a small profit, but by volume and rakeback to generate a good profit.:f_love:

My point of this blog is to commit myself to write ups and downs, winning progress and learning progress.

I got SitnGo Wizard, TableNinjaFT and Hold’em Manager to help me and I assume you all know what these programs are.:s_confused:

My goals for February

• Play 2000 SNGs
      • Keep $EV in +$
      • Analyze my game in both SitNGo Wizard and Hold’em Manager
      In the near future I plan to figure out some long term goals, but I’m not sure that it’s smart or not. I play with a 200 Buy-in rule and I am not really a risk taker.

I started yesterday both on this blog, and with playing my Super Turbo SNG’s and here are the results (There are some from January 30-31 and they will count in my total February month :f_biggrin: )

Tourneys played: 352
      ROI% ($EV): -4.9% (3.0%)
      In The Money%: 34.9%
      Time Played: 10.6 Hours
      Total Winnings ($EV): -19.10$ (11.43$)
      Total Rakeback: 9.5$

So far so good :s_grin:

I hope its not to boring to read.
  • 29 replies
    • gordy1957
      gordy1957
      Bronze
      good luck Pippa,welcome to the forums,looks like you are experiencing the traditional downswing.I hope you catch up with your redline soon.
      cheers Gordy
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Thanks Gordy, and yes I too hope that I will at some point catch it.

I just looked over some more features at Full Tilt that I didn't knew before, like Ironman and The Leaderboards, so I have added a goal more for my February goals, so my new goals list looks like this.

February goals
      • Play 2000 SNGs
      • Keep $EV in +$
      • Analyze my game in both SitNGo Wizard and Hold’em Manager
      • Gold Ironman status

I don't know if I can get into the leaderboards and I haven’t figured out if I get cash from being on the top of The Leaderboards but I'm competitive so I'm looking forward to being there every week.:f_cool:

I got a question for someone who plays at FTP about ironman, I saw that if I had been ironman for more months I gain more medals, my question then is does the month counter restart if I swap from goal to Ironman status or is it enough just to being qualified for Ironman?:f_confused:

And last but no t least a quick progress update

Tourneys: 551
      ROI%: -3.0% (3.2%)
      ITM%: 36.5
      Time played: 15.8
      Rakeback: 14.8$
      Winnings: -18.40$ (19.65$)

Total profit/loss: -3.6$

Not the best result but better than -606.1$:s_cool:
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Hi there, good game choice ! Been playing them for a few months and progressed from $2-$5-$10 and now playing the $20 6 man. It's a great game, many ups and downs to come but the rewards are great !

As for Ironman, I think what your saying is that if you got like 3 months Bronze-Gold-Bronze something like that ? Then yea it still counts as 3 months if your status goes up or down.

Have fun.
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Thanks Nibbana I have been reading your blog, and it helped me choose Super Turbos (The prof that its possible to gain profit in Super Turbos :s_cool: )

And yes, you answered my question 100% correctly!
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      u girl ? pics or it didnt happen! :f_biggrin:

Anywayys.. best of luck in your carreer.. seems like u r doing it right (running below ev is sooooo pro :s_cool: )
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      I'll just post a quick update post! :s_biggrin:

Tourneys: 723
      ROI%: 1.5% (3.2%)
      ITM%: 38.5
      Time played: 19.5
      Rakeback: 19.5$
      Winnings: 11.70$ (18.90$)

Total profit/loss: 31.2$

Nice to see that hard works pays off, and only 169.8$ more and i'll take on step of the buyin ladder, awesome! :s_cool:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      good luck on the supers. nice little upswing on the end of that graph. :f_cool:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      lol @ tom :D

GL with your SNG's!
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Thanks lessthantreee and Vonki, and yes its nice.. but I now feel bad for running above EV$. :f_confused:
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Am I the only one who feels bad when I run above EV$, I start just thinking stuff like "I'm just lucky, no poker ability" - "I must be doing something wrong, or else I wouldn't be above EV$" ? :s_mad:

But on the positive part, it’s going better than the start, my numbers are all green, I'm working hard to collect enough buy ins to jump onto the next step in my poker career.:f_love:

I have some questions for FTPoker player
      1. I have heard something about stuff bought at the points shop, is taken from the rakeback I generate is that true? :f_confused:
      2. If the first one is true, what about Ironman bonuses do they all so "steal" from your rakeback? :f_confused:
      3. Then the last question what about black card, does those bonuses also take from your rakeback? :f_confused:

I'll post a graph and some stats later tonight :s_evil:
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Lol @ feeling bad. Don't feel bad for it, EV won't feel bad for you when you're running below! I wouldn't focus too much on that pesky redline anyhow over smaller samples. It's a nice guide to how we're playing but not the definitive answer. It's only telling half a story, for example if you win AAv72o then you are running over EV (only 88% of the pot is "yours").

@ your FTP questions I think the answer is yes to all but I'll let someone smarter explain by how much :f_biggrin:

Easy
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Tourneys: 899
      ROI%: 1.9% (1.3%)
      ITM%: 38.5
      Time played: 23.7
      Rakeback: 24.4$
      Winnings: 18.50$ (13.08$)

Total profit/loss: 42.9$

Good night!:f_love:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      1. yes
      2. yes
      3. yes

more info in here Rakeback FAQ (Look here first)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      As for the Iron Man shop, the medals themselfs do not deduct any rake, at least that's what I've been informed of by my friend.

If you boy a bonus however, the bonus itself will later on deduct from your rakeback. As for a tournament ticket or a jacket, I believe it will not affect your rakeback.

You might want to doublecheck though, I'm not 100% sure. :)
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZhiCheng
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Originally posted by ZhiCheng
      same post + 8 threads = troll
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      In your link lessthanthreee there is nothing about blackcard, why is that?

And on a other note.. I just got installed Windows 7 on my machine and its really really slow.. :f_cry:
      So I have my boyfriend trying to make it fast again. :f_biggrin:

So I don't know if I'll get to play that much today..
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PipaLuck
      In your link lessthanthreee there is nothing about blackcard, why is that?..
      I think because black card is relatively new, no one has been able to update it. you can ask some specific questions you have in the forum or do a search (someone else has probably already asked).
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Now my computer works like a charm again, so thats lovely :f_love:

Lessthantreee I did find some threads about Rakeback, and blackcards and all that, but it all just made me more confused.. :s_confused:

So I have decided to dig a hole and just hide in it, until someone gives me the smartest way to get rakeback from Full Tilt Poker! :s_evil:

So after lots of hours watching my computer get back into shape and maybe learn a thing or two about how my computer works, its back into grinding the Super Turbo :f_cool: