This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] А6s from SB

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      Hello!

I usually play straight SSS, but in rare cases like this one i move off the tables for starting hands, although I am aware of the fact that the whole idea of SSS is based on rigorous mathematical calculations, and if not strictly observed is not successful.

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 6:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,40) J:heart: , 9:spade: , 9:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,40) A:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0,2, BU calls $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, BB folds.

River: ($1,00) T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,5, BU calls $0,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,00

I'm with A6s from SB and since there is 1 limp i've decide that i can limp also and i think i have good odds. I though that i can outplay my opponents postflop, although that's harder when you are not preflop aggressor.
  • 6 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

The hand plays easier if you raise against the limpers. Often they will fold or you take down the pot with a cbet.

Now it is a pure guessing game if your TPNK is enough.
      Axs can be played but it is mostly to hit flushes IP. So from CO and BU.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey moodkiller,

May I ask what your stack perflop was? With less than 18BBs I would consider a shove preflop.

As T said, I think raising pre would be better than limping imo as otherwise you find yourself in situations like this one where you have to play a guessing game too often and you can't control much OOP. But I would prefer to just fold the hand without stats on limpers like limp/fold and fold to c-bet.

As played, I would make a bet/fold 0.30$ on the turn myself to get some value from possible draws and Jxs.

The river as played, you have to call with TP here with 4:1 odds although you're mostly calling just for a split.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      when you call on the sb with A6s isd to hit at least 2 pair or flush draw. on that board there is so much that beats you and not much that we beat i prob folded turn unless the stats on the other players were like aggro fishy
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey moodkiller,

But I would prefer to just fold the hand without stats on limpers like limp/fold and fold to c-bet.

Regards,
      burek2000
      What would be good values for "limp/fold" and "fold to c-bet" if we consider a pre flop raise with A6s?

Regards
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      limp/fold of around 50%++, fold cBet of 50%++ is okay as well

I mean you typically have 3 rounds of bluffing with A6s: Preflop, Flop & TUrn.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      limp/fold of around 50%++, fold cBet of 50%++ is okay as well

I mean you typically have 3 rounds of bluffing with A6s: Preflop, Flop & TUrn.

Best regards,
      Gerv
      nice! tyvm :)