[NL2-NL10] А6s from SB

• moodkiller
      moodkiller
      Bronze
      Hello!

I usually play straight SSS, but in rare cases like this one i move off the tables for starting hands, although I am aware of the fact that the whole idea of SSS is based on rigorous mathematical calculations, and if not strictly observed is not successful.

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 6:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, BU calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,40) J:heart: , 9:spade: , 9:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,40) A:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0,2, BU calls $0,20, Hero calls $0,20, BB folds.

River: ($1,00) T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,5, BU calls $0,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,00

I'm with A6s from SB and since there is 1 limp i've decide that i can limp also and i think i have good odds. I though that i can outplay my opponents postflop, although that's harder when you are not preflop aggressor.
  • 6 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

The hand plays easier if you raise against the limpers. Often they will fold or you take down the pot with a cbet.

Now it is a pure guessing game if your TPNK is enough.
      Axs can be played but it is mostly to hit flushes IP. So from CO and BU.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey moodkiller,

May I ask what your stack perflop was? With less than 18BBs I would consider a shove preflop.

As T said, I think raising pre would be better than limping imo as otherwise you find yourself in situations like this one where you have to play a guessing game too often and you can't control much OOP. But I would prefer to just fold the hand without stats on limpers like limp/fold and fold to c-bet.

As played, I would make a bet/fold 0.30$ on the turn myself to get some value from possible draws and Jxs.

The river as played, you have to call with TP here with 4:1 odds although you're mostly calling just for a split.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • peddy53
      peddy53
      Bronze
      when you call on the sb with A6s isd to hit at least 2 pair or flush draw. on that board there is so much that beats you and not much that we beat i prob folded turn unless the stats on the other players were like aggro fishy
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey moodkiller,

But I would prefer to just fold the hand without stats on limpers like limp/fold and fold to c-bet.

Regards,
      burek2000
      What would be good values for "limp/fold" and "fold to c-bet" if we consider a pre flop raise with A6s?

Regards
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      limp/fold of around 50%++, fold cBet of 50%++ is okay as well

I mean you typically have 3 rounds of bluffing with A6s: Preflop, Flop & TUrn.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      limp/fold of around 50%++, fold cBet of 50%++ is okay as well

I mean you typically have 3 rounds of bluffing with A6s: Preflop, Flop & TUrn.

Best regards,
      Gerv
      nice! tyvm :)