[NL2-NL10] 95o freeplay

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5
      UTG+1:
      $3.40
      UTG+2:
      $18.73
      BU:
      $29.59
      SB:
      $4.47
      Hero:
      $5

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com. 15.12.07

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:heart: , 9:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, UTG+2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero checks, BU calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 5:diamond: , 9:club: , J:spade: (6 players)
      SB bets $0.75, 2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $2.25.

Pushing here after the reraise I think it's correct. But with what hand he reraises me? maybe he hit a set. so yr opinion?

Turn: ($11.75) 8:heart:
      River: ($11.75) 4:club:

Final Pot: $11.75
  • 10 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Or JT, JQ, KJ, even AJ possible also. Really against unknown its too wide to guess.
      If you have VPIP / PFR than you can have a range more likely.

Push is ok here of course.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Utahmar
      Or JT, JQ, KJ, even AJ possible also. Really against unknown its too wide to guess.
      If you have VPIP / PFR than you can have a range more likely.

Push is ok here of course.
      nothing to add :)
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      Du u really think ok to push here after the action on flop? The bottom 2 pairs seems not like to hold after the bet and the reraise (2,50$) from UTG+2.

I usually push my two pairs on boards like these, but the action seems a bit scary.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      If SB is a real shortstacker he has a made hand ( mostly Jx toppair, maybe K kicker ).
      UTG+2 Might limped with AJ ( i saw this on Full Tilt, or TT, some of them limp JJ even limp rr ( kinda stupid to me ) happened just now too )
      I think UTG+2 has TT, or limped with KK, AA, and now playing strong, might be JJ, but its only 1 hand i think from the quite wide range ).
      On this board normally a set would just call behind, rainbow, with a small draw to str8.
      Really , push is ok here, after the reraise.
      But hand range also change from if you play on like Mansion, and on Full Tilt, or even Party for an unknown player.
      I might be completely wrong on guessing.
      I can even say, that in the last 24k hands i didnt see any flop with 5 players for sure on Full Tilt. 2, sometime 3, and 4 once in a blue moon.
      And its same limit NL25
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      If SB is a real shortstacker he has a made hand ( mostly Jx toppair, maybe K kicker ).
      UTG+2 Might limped with AJ ( i saw this on Full Tilt, or TT, some of them limp JJ even limp rr ( kinda stupid to me ) happened just now too )
      I think UTG+2 has TT, or limped with KK, AA, and now playing strong, might be JJ, but its only 1 hand i think from the quite wide range ).
      :D How pessimistic you are )

I am quite bad at hand reading, I have to say, but my picture is:

SB: Just donks with low pockets at best, or maybe one overcard. I don`t see shortstacker betting half pot here) If I hold KJ on such a drawless board, I would likely check to see what develops in 6way action)

UTG+2: limped with broadway connectors, like QJ, JT, etc... So he plays his top pair.

Its quite hard to put on a hand low limit player, since there quite possibly can be any two)
      Of course there might be a set from time to time, but I guess we are ahead enough times (we need to win in at least 40%)

But Gremlin86, can you post results, please :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      :D How pessimistic you are )

I am quite bad at hand reading, I have to say, but my picture is:

SB: Just donks with low pockets at best, or maybe one overcard. I don`t see shortstacker betting half pot here) If I hold KJ on such a drawless board, I would likely check to see what develops in 6way action)

UTG+2: limped with broadway connectors, like QJ, JT, etc... So he plays his top pair.

Its quite hard to put on a hand low limit player, since there quite possibly can be any two)
      Of course there might be a set from time to time, but I guess we are ahead enough times (we need to win in at least 40%)

But Gremlin86, can you post results, please :)
      Sure I can

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG+2 shows [ Kd, Kc ] a pair of Kings
      Hero shows [ 5h, 9s ] two pairs, Nines and Fives
      Hero wins $11.17 USD with two pairs, Nines and Fives.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      WOW ! )
      what a play)

Utahmar, nice read ;) your pessimistc approach wins :D
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Pessimistic, who, where ? I said PUSH :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I meant the hand reading part))

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      I meant the hand reading part))

KK now obviously just limping is one of the advantages playing SSS. (sometimes). you push or you fold. in this case the opponent feels quite strong and is far behind