Is sss a dying game?

• 25 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      SSSS - short stack strategy sucks. That's my opinion. It basically doesn't involve any poker.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I did play some SSS to clear FDB at Stars shallow tables...It was quite profitable... But as I'm avared they canceled those tables and replaced them with 20bb CAP tables. Try this, it should basically be like shortstacking, only you don't have to leave the table after you gain some chips... :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      I did play some SSS to clear FDB at Stars shallow tables...It was quite profitable... But as I'm avared they canceled those tables and replaced them with 20bb CAP tables. Try this, it should basically be like shortstacking, only you don't have to leave the table after you gain some chips... :D
      I saw this new type of game on poker stars today, I know people say that sss does not constitute real poker but I'm not that good and I find in nlh I call in too much and lose my money too quickly!! I really like playing short stacked so if I make a mistake at least I have some money left!!! :P

I know gerv on here made some good profits from playing sss, but like you say the poker sites dont seem to like short stack play anymore!!!!
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      wrong. poker sites LOVE SSS players. we generate more rake than our BSS cousins, therefore are more profitable for the site. in addition, we play higher stakes with a smaller roll, which = more rake again for the site.

i'm sure if stars/tilt whoever could get the same traffic they get now by only spreading 20bb games, they would jump at the chance
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      wrong. poker sites LOVE SSS players. we generate more rake than our BSS cousins, therefore are more profitable for the site. in addition, we play higher stakes with a smaller roll, which = more rake again for the site.

i'm sure if stars/tilt whoever could get the same traffic they get now by only spreading 20bb games, they would jump at the chance
      This is ver good news as I have spent the last week reading up about sss play!!! :P

I'm going to stick with it on one of the sites I play and then hopefully it will give or lead me to the ability to play mss then bss, it seems to me like it is a good solid foundation to help imrove my game.

Thanks for the reply
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      SSS is very much alive, for example on FullTilt.

Anyone who has a problem with SSS players hates us because a we can't be exploited easily.
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeanGreen

Anyone who has a problem with SSS players hates us because a we can't be exploited easily.
      +1

don't listen to hater, you can make a shitload more money from ssing
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

I like this!!! :P
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      lol at BSS'ers. They search for fish, and for how much do fish buy in???? yep min table buy-in. So they play 95% of the time MSS against fish and dont have a clue how to do it :f_biggrin:

T.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I have to admit I am starting to make a little progress with this sss game!! I tried it on party poker where I only had $4 left on my account and its gone up to $7!!! Made a couple of silly moves but generally tried to stick to the strategy!!!

This type of play seems to stop me making the usual donk type play that is my game!!! :P
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      From now on SSS is officialy gangsta.
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      Shortstacker's play is retarted imo, they just wait for a hand and go all in, great strategy, and only get called by better hands. Anyway I like em cus they r addin to my bankroll hihi. Have fun but if you really want to be a real player you should learn to play the big stacks.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      From now on SSS is officialy gangsta.
      gangsta in a bodybag :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by XZaar
      Shortstacker's play is retarted imo, they just wait for a hand and go all in, great strategy, and only get called by better hands. Anyway I like em cus they r addin to my bankroll hihi. Have fun but if you really want to be a real player you should learn to play the big stacks.
      sss strat from what I have learned over the last week or so is not about going all in all the time. I know lots of ss players do but that is not what they teach on here.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      SSS actually is about shipping your whole stack in the middle as soon as possible. Usually preflop, sometimes - on the flop, rarely - on the turn (but that usually is automatic decision already made on flop).
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Nl10sss on stars is sooo easy to beat, 95% of the shortstackers there play like 8/6 and never defend their blind so you can earn loads by just stealing binds from them
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      In my opinion, the biggest advantage of SSS is that can practice beginners to control their emotions and to play disciple. This is the really big profit
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And the biggest variance, which could make the beginner end his poker career here and now...
    • Christorian
      Christorian
      Bronze

Spite call... ;)