$1.95
      MP3:
      $5.83
      CO:
      $1.67
      BU:
      $2.19

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.10, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.47) A, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP1 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.27, MP1 raises to $6.03, Hero calls $2.29.

Turn: ($11.06) J (2 players)

River: ($11.06) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.06.
  • 2 replies
    • Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      I dont like the min raise up front. Not sure that the 3 bet was a great idea and the call of the all in with only top pair was an error.
      The problems I see are that with the min raise a repop from a pocket pair is possible, at NL5 its not that tight so maybe a repop from a weaker A against a min raise is possible too so pocket pairs hitting trips and two pair are the most likely holdings of the villain.
      Then on the flop when it heats up you have a problem. Your opponents hand range is huge. there are seven ways he could have trips, bottom two pair and AK, A8 A6 are all possible, he could even have 9,10h for the 13 outer straight flush draw, 57 :heart: and 79 :heart: are less likely for the 15 outer straighflush draws, but with your min raise, a repop from a LAP is possible. Your good against AJ,10,9,7, and below and against the pure flush draws/ Smaller pairs which at NL5 we can say ok they are possible.
      The problem is against his likely hands where you are good your only marginally so, and you are way behind on his more likely holdings. Given the action and the limit I only like you against KQ :heart: and even here your only 65% smaller pocket pair or one pair really unlikely but hey it is NL5. You are 1% against trip 8/6, your about 12% against AK,A8 or A6, 32% against 6,8 and your 40% against the open ended straight flushes and 48% against the inside straight flush draws.
      Its also a problem that the hands where you are behind given the action are alot more likely. My numbers are pretty rough but I hope you get the picture, your oponents hand range puts you a long way behind most of the time here.
      Getting all in with just top pair is often a mistake, because the play is so weak you can be lulled into a false sense of security at NL5 but if you remove that from your game you have plugged a real leak. Players sit there waiting for trips to bust top pair so a more careful play with this kind of hand, keeping the pot small if possible is a better way to go.
      Hope this helps (BTW I get caught out like this all the time online, the general play is so weak I keep thinking my top pair is good, it hardly ever is and even when it is, its a mistake to be all in with only a single pair).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lynius,

Preflop: First of all, if you planning to raise there then I'd raise $0,20(standard raise 4xBB). The min-raise could be whatever, maybe saw your raise as very weak and that's why he decided to min-raise. But also could be a very strong hand, which is often times his standard move, like maybe AK, AA or whatsoever. And for the reason that we will be OOP against him, I guess I'd even sometimes prefer to just fold it to avoid any further mistakes also just for the reason that he sometimes does such moves as well with QQ+. We wont be able to overplay him postflop anyways, since they are capable of Calling down very light. But of course it's doable if you feel comfortable playing postflop.

As played
      Postflop: I don't really like the donk/broke here just for the reason, there aren't that many worse hands which he may Call us. I'd rather just Check/Call for the reason that we will let him still continue his CBet what he most of the time is doing but when we donk out ourself then he will likely just fold worse. And also the same goes for Check/Raise, we likely just isolating against better hands. As played, I'd rather actually Bet/Fold, he could still be holding there any kind of AK type of hands and etc. So unless I have a good reason to continue there, I wont continue. Just curious, what did he have?

Best regards.