Not a Happy Customer!

• crpwlker187
      crpwlker187
      Basic
      So I spend all my time signing up here and reaeding over the PDF's and fill in the quiz and passed it.

How excited was I? Very excited, spent a bit of time on it all after all.

Now I get an email saying you want photo ID and I don't have a photo ID!!!

Main question : Why don't you tell people they will need a photo ID before you sucker them into wasting so much time on your quiz?!?!?!?!
  • 27 replies
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      why you dont have photo ID?
    • jenkocb
      jenkocb
      Basic
      There is a lot of scams going over the internet lately........So I wouldnt put photo ID or any other ID over the internet either.

I also joined cake Poker and did not get any 50 dollar bonus.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Why would they give 50 bucks to a nobody?
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Yeah, such a scam. #lol
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      If you don't want to upload a photo ID then that's your decision. You'll be missing out though. The ID check is just a step they take to verify the identity and/or age of players and thousands of people have gone through this process.
    • crpwlker187
      crpwlker187
      Basic
      That isn't the point.

The point is that I should be clearly notified that I am not eligible without photo ID before I waste my time learning the PDF and completing the quiz!

I would have no problem if this was the case, clearly it isn't.

Why would they give 50 bucks to a nobody?
      Great question, considering that they gave my friend free starting capital recently without ID (the person who told me about this site) perhaps you should ask the site admin.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

the ID checks are only done for a certain part of our new members that meet certain criteria. The reason why we do it is simple: Giving away $50 for free over the internet invites scammers to bleed you dry - that's why we need to make sure only legit members receive the $50 and they receive it only once.

I'm very sorry if that keeps you from receiving the $50 capital, however those checks are a necessary means to protect ourselves - and consequentially our members - from fraud, which would result in us no longer being able to offer the $50 capital or our educational content.

Best regards,

Hadi
    • bcosta
      bcosta
      Bronze
      who the hell doesn't have a photo id? Drivers License? Library Card? bus pass? Passport? Don't tell me you don't have any card with a photo on it. It's insane. I must have a dozen in my wallet.

Regards

Bruno Costa
    • apehce
      apehce
      Bronze
      Originally posted by crpwlker187
      That isn't the point.

The point is that I should be clearly notified that I am not eligible without photo ID before I waste my time learning the PDF and completing the quiz!
      Even if you don't get your starting capital, if you learned something from the PDFs, I wouldn't really call it a waste of time.
    • crpwlker187
      crpwlker187
      Basic
      Hi guys,

the ID checks are only done for a certain part of our new members that meet certain criteria. The reason why we do it is simple: Giving away $50 for free over the internet invites scammers to bleed you dry - that's why we need to make sure only legit members receive the $50 and they receive it only once.

I'm very sorry if that keeps you from receiving the $50 capital, however those checks are a necessary means to protect ourselves - and consequentially our members - from fraud, which would result in us no longer being able to offer the $50 capital or our educational content.

Best regards,

Hadi
      That's fine, but you need to make this clear from the beginning so that people without ID don't waste their time. I am unsure how many times I must reiterate this.

Justify it what ever way you want, it is what it is.

Good day, Sir.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by crpwlker187

That's fine, but you need to make this clear from the beginning so that people without ID don't waste their time. I am unsure how many times I must reiterate this.

Justify it what ever way you want, it is what it is.

Good day, Sir.
      However no problem wasting your time on this thread.
      S.
    • crpwlker187
      crpwlker187
      Basic
      What's a few minutes when a few hours have already been wasted?

But hey, I'm sure you'll find any way possible to justify it to yourself. Have fun with that.

:)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      2. Use of the services
      2.1 To register on the Platform, the User has to be at least 18 years old or such other higher minimum legal age in the jurisdiction of the User. PokerStrategy.com reserves the right to request proper and satisfactory documents to verify the age and/or identity of the User. PokerStrategy.com has the right to block the account of the User until the User has provided satisfactory proof of age.

When you register, you have to tick the box that you have read and accept Terms & Conditions. The quote is taken from Terms & Conditions :)
    • crpwlker187
      crpwlker187
      Basic
      I bet you read those thoroughly too.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      No, i didn't read them :) But i wasn't complaining about ID check. You said that it should be outlined somewhere that ID Check might be neccesary, so i just show you that it is.
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Why does it matter so much? You ll most likely have to provide photo ID on your first withdrawal from any poker site anyways, so you might as well sort it out in advance and use it for both.

And cmon, learning and improving yourself at poker can hardly be called a waste of time. Otherwise why would you want that free $50 capital which you wont be able to withdraw anyways? If you just want a free $50 to gamble away find a new hobby or look for sites that offer a no deposit bonus.

Bottom line is you just need a forum to whine on about things that dont really matter.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Daenerys
      Why does it matter so much? You ll most likely have to provide photo ID on your first withdrawal from any poker site anyways, so you might as well sort it out in advance and use it for both.

And cmon, learning and improving yourself at poker can hardly be called a waste of time. Otherwise why would you want that free $50 capital which you wont be able to withdraw anyways? If you just want a free $50 to gamble away find a new hobby or look for sites that offer a no deposit bonus.

Bottom line is you just need a forum to whine on about things that dont really matter.
      +1
    • stickbo9y59
      stickbo9y59
      Basic
      maybe im one of the funny ones that have joined the site lol. yes the $50 was a bonus but i joined the forum to learn and improve my game, if u have just joined the forum to get $50 free then u are wasting your time and the time of other members of the forum who are here to teach us how to improve our game.
    • RealDeal92
      RealDeal92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stickbo9y59
      maybe im one of the funny ones that have joined the site lol. yes the $50 was a bonus but i joined the forum to learn and improve my game, if u have just joined the forum to get $50 free then u are wasting your time and the time of other members of the forum who are here to teach us how to improve our game.
      exactly!!!

But how do you not even have a passport??