$29.67
      BB:
      $10.38
      UTG1:
      $14.96
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $15.57

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.80, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.75) A, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.15) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3.15, Hero calls $3.15.

River: ($10.45) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $10.45.

villian is 69/44/26 over 16 hands and agg 4 , agg 33% flop 25% turn 0% river
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cutegoldfish,

Preflop: Depends what his 3bet in this kind of situation. But I guess for the reason that we are so deep, I'd rather just fold the very 1st time and get more information on him. The problem will be that we will play against him OOP. And often might face difficult spots postflop, even if we do hit our TP, we will never know where we stand.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda close but I guess I might even prefer to fold it on turn for the reason that he is betting pretty big into us and it's a 3bet pot, he could easily have there AK or whatsoever which beats us, so without any reads I don't really like to continue there. But of course it's doable, if you seen him being more aggressive and barreling a lot but while we have only 16 hands I don't think that we can lay on that. Also if we ask ourself, why we Call at all preflop when we hit our TP and then giving it up? The answer is easy, just to avoid the bad play we made preflop. :P Of course time to time we are ahead there but if we face a strong bet again on river, what's your plan? That's also the reason why I don't like to play against those kind of opponents in 3bet being deeper with just TP. Of course it seems that he has there weaker hand like smaller PP indeed. But this is just for the reason that we saw him not betting the river and now we can say that of, yeah we did a good Call, but overall I don't think that it's a very good play. Just curious, what did he have?

Best regards.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      set of 8
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      set of 8
      Good for us that he didn't Bet. :f_biggrin: Funny to see how people sometimes play their hands. Definitely make a note of him that how he did play his mid-PPs.