[NL2-NL10] What would you do here?

• gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($6.37)
      Hero (MP1) ($16.54)
      MP2 ($10)
      CO ($44.09)
      Button ($11.45)
      SB ($10.38)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($19.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, Q
      UTG calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 6, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, Button calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.65) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.70, Hero raises $3.75, Button raises $10.05 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gsergiul,

Good to see new names posting hands and trying to fix their leaks, hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future!

Preflop: I'd even raise bigger, ~$0,50 for the reason that there is one limper.
      Flop: I'd also bet bigger here, ~$0,70.
      Turn: And without any good reason I'd rather just prefer to Bet myself here to miss value from him, when he decides to Check back. As played as you decided to pick such a line then go for it, although I see this kinda overplayed, sometimes they might even fold their weak pair.

Best regards.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Well I chose not to bet the turn because I wanted to give him the change to "valuebet" his possibly high ace. By the way what do you mean by overplayed? Did I play it too strong for two pair?
      Btw I called and he showed me pocket 3's but I'm guessing I can't really get away from this hand anyways. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      Well I chose not to bet the turn because I wanted to give him the change to "valuebet" his possibly high ace. By the way what do you mean by overplayed? Did I play it too strong for two pair?
      Btw I called and he showed me pocket 3's but I'm guessing I can't really get away from this hand anyways. :)
      The point is that with Check/Raise we represent a very strong hand and sometimes he might fold a lot worse and often times we only representing the AQ there with it, or either even a set.

And by overplayed I mean exactly that, we are making a lot worse hands to fold and likely better ones will continue.

For example if we were against a very passive guy, we might even find Bet/Fold on turn better, since he is representing himself a very strong, since pure Ace wont raise us there.