Clearing bonusses on other platforms

• viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I'm thinking about moving my bankroll to other platforms and clear the first deposit bonusses playing sit and go's. I'll play ~10$ games give or take.

Does anyone have experience doing that? I have a couple of questions:

- What are the best rooms
      - ~how long does it take to clear
      - enough traffic? Software OK?
      - is the pokerstrategy first deposit bonus the best one?

Please share your experiences clearing the first deposit bonusses, is it worth it?
  • 21 replies
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      what platform are you on atm?

I'm also looking forward to get an answer to this thread :) I only know stars, its doable and obviously there are a lot of tables all day :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I am currently playing on pokerstars. I started on Titan so I cleared the bonus there already.

Full Tilt looks doable. Software and traffic is great obviously.
      For 600$ bonus you need to accumulate 1500$ rake so that's 40% RB. You only have 120 days to clear it so that shoulden't be the problem. Even if you don't make it you'l still get a part of the bonus because it's released in installments of $20.

The FAQ on fulltilt says that you get 27% standard rakeback, I don't know if that cumulative with the deposit bonus or if it's up to date. Can anyone playing on full tilt figure out how many rakeback you would earn if you rake $1500 in 2-3 months?

edit: I'm gonna cross-post this here:

Originally posted by malosanmaka
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Is the 27% rakeback cumulative with the first deposit bonus and/or other bonusses? And what is this ironman thing I keep hearing about?
      e.g. if you get a full 600$ bonus

FDB is 40% rakeback (if you play sngs/tournaments)
      So you need to rake 1500$ to clear it.

Rakeback - You would get a 600$ hit on your mgr, but you still get rakeback for 900$ -> 0.27 * 900 = 243$

So FDB + rakeback are 843 / 1500 = 56.2%

With ironman/ft points you can get additional 5-10% rakeback too.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      fulltilt is great, party is ok for bonues (traffic goes down at some hours)

dunno about the rest
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I've already cleared my bonuses at fulltilt, stars and party (using 50$ bonuses is costing me bunch of money now =( ) any sng's running at pacific poker?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I think cake and PKR have decentish traffic. The only way to really find out if it's worth the trouble is testing it. If I recall correctly you can't use a HUD on cake.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      ft,stars,party are the only rooms that have sng traffic.

dont waste your time trying to bonus whore on any others, you wont be able to clear it.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Full Tilt looks doable. Software and traffic is great obviously.
      For 600$ bonus you need to accumulate 1500$ rake so that's 40% RB.
      The FAQ on fulltilt says that you get 27% standard rakeback, I don't know if that cumulative with the deposit bonus or if it's up to date. Can anyone playing on full tilt figure out how many rakeback you would earn if you rake $1500 in 2-3 months?
      The 27% rakeback is applied to the rake not returned in the bonus. You get 27% of 60% of the rake while you clear the bonus, so the effective rakeback rate is 40% + 27%x60% = 56.2% while you clear the bonus. While you clear the initial deposit bonus of $600, you get a total of $843 instead of $405 from normal rakeback.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Thanks pzhon en <3
      I'm definatly gonna grind out this bonus on FT, that rakeback is just tooo sweet :)

<3 I agree that stars, FT and party are prolly gonna be the easiest rooms to clear the bonus on... how sure are you about the sng traffic on sites like Cake, IPN, i-poker?
      It's always gonna be hard to keep a decent number of games running on those sites, but the games are also a lot softer + the deposit bonus might make it worth the while.
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Ongame and iPoker should also have decent traffic in sng's. (at least in <22$ ones)

Cake/pkr/etc I srsly doubt. Don't know for sure, but judging by their total player numbers compared to party/ongame/iPoker it doesn't seem likely there is much action.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee

dont waste your time trying to bonus whore on any others, you wont be able to clear it.

this.

Also, like I've been advised before - don't "bonus whore" with sng's - it's easier to do it with cash but obviously once you get good at it
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Ongame has great traffic for 5max STTs, bonus is equivalent to 50% rakeback (at least for bwin where I play sometimes), but the software could be better. It's a bit too heavy for a poker software, time bank is ridiculously low, hard to play more than 6 tables and not time out etc.

The maximum bonus on bwin is 100% up to $1000 so I guess it can be hard to clear it playing low stakes because you can't really mass table.

You're going to find regs there, but as Ongame's skins are related to sports betting, you'll see quite a few degens like this guy ($54 5max):

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      OnGame
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (2,000)
      CO (2,000)
      Hero (1,990)
      SB (1,980)
      BB (2,030)

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 5 players) Hero is BTN K:diamond: A:heart:
      UTG raises to 60, CO calls 60, Hero calls 60, SB calls 50, BB raises to 360, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero goes all-in 1,990, SB folds, BB calls 1,630

Flop: 6:diamond: 8:club: 5:spade: (4,200, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 3:heart: (4,200, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9:spade: (4,200, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 4,160
      BB shows STRAIGHT NINE
      7:diamond: 2:diamond:
      Hero shows HIGH_CARD ACE
      K:diamond: A:heart:

BB wins 4,160 (net +2,150)

Hero collects 40 (net -2,010)
      SB lost 60
      UTG lost 60
      CO lost 60
    • Wohmfg
      Wohmfg
      Silver
      Originally posted by martoman2k10

this.

Also, like I've been advised before - don't "bonus whore" with sng's - it's easier to do it with cash but obviously once you get good at it
      Why is it easier? Less variance and just easier to beat?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Way more traffic on cashgames
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      conserning 888 poker (888$ first deposit bonus)

Originally posted by HannesZ
      Hi viewer88,

In order to clear the whole bonus you will need to accumulate 8880 points. This is equivalent to $4440 rake.

You have 90 days time to clear the bonus.

That 20% rakeback on top of crappy standard 888 rakeback... This one is just tooo bad to even try.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze

Kinda disagree here!

PKR is the best place to bonus whore. If you know how to.

Since you will get the bonus paid out only when you cleared the whole thing you can get full rakeback + full bonus without a hit.

Let's say you deposit $600 on January 3. You will now have 60 days to clear the $300 bonus and will get 30% rakeback at the end of each month.

Make sure you clear the bonus in March, so you have to be close to done at the end of february and clear the rest of the rake on March 2 or something.

By doing this you will get rakeback for January, rakeback for February and get the $600 bonus when you clear in March.

Altho traffic is much less than there is at FTP and Stars there is still enough traffic to clear about $300 bonus wich can give you a pretty good boost if you are only looking to bonus whore your bankroll to a better lvl!

hope this helped a bit,

if you need clearification just ask!

P.S. this system is tested and confirmed.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      thanks for the feedback yvonne

How much do you need to rake for every cleared bonus dollar? That's a pretty big factor.

What happens when you clear the whole bonus in one month? The bonus interferes with normal rakeback?

Also I'd just like to add for completeness that the max. first deposit bonus on PKR is 800$
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Ongame probably has more traffic than party. They also offer 62.5% rb through first depo bonuses. Just move from one site to another, there are something like 40 skins to choose from so you won't be running out of first depo bonuses any time soon. Bwin is worse than most others, their FDB is only equivalent of 50% rb.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      thanks for the feedback yvonne

1. How much do you need to rake for every cleared bonus dollar? That's a pretty big factor.

2. What happens when you clear the whole bonus in one month? The bonus interferes with normal rakeback?

3. Also I'd just like to add for completeness that the max. first deposit bonus on PKR is 800$
      1. 200 points (this is different sometimes can go up to 250 points for each 1$) for every 1$ wich means 2$ rake to get 1$ back.

2. it will interfer with rakeback the same as on any other client.

3. PSVIP gives $800 while there own and many other affiliate programs give $600 max
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      thanks yvonne!

So you can get close to 50%+30% rakeback on PKR.. that's just sicko.
      I'm still not sure if it's really worth the time but it has the potential to be great..
      imo it's worth a try, if the traffic really is too terrible I can still give up. I'm gonna wait till my bankroll is a little bigger though because it's gonna be hard to grind 1600$ rake on 1$ rake games.

Ongame sounds really good aswell.. how is the software for multitabling? Do you know if the FDB is compitable with standard rakeback? tnx