BB ($10.08)
      UTG ($24.98)
      Hero ($24.72)
      CO ($11.44)
      BTN ($10.40)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75) T:diamond: 9:spade: 3:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $2.25, Hero raises to $24.37 (AI), BB calls $7.48 (AI)

TURN ($20.21) T:diamond: 9:spade: 3:spade: 4:heart:

RIVER ($20.21) T:diamond: 9:spade: 3:spade: 4:heart: T:heart:

Unknown.

Standard?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

I guess I'd just Bet/Call there to keep also bluffs in play, and sometimes he might even fold with a lot weaker pairs there or PPs. Although it depends a lot on the opponent, if I feel like I am more against a set then I'd fold on flop, although it might seem to be too weak, but often times it's just safer. As you said it's unknown then, it's a bit harder. I guess Bet/Call should still work better and then reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      There is no way that play can be profitable unless the Villain is a huge fish willing to go broke with TPTK, when you face that much resistance on the flop its either a set or AT LEAST two pair/monster draw like QT of spades. So you're looking at times when you are drawing to two outs and times when you're "flipping", I can't see that being profitable in the long run.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I have to say It's standard play for me as well. I think he can be on so many draws that we have to protect as much as we can. Maybe I'm wrong, so I would really like to see veriz'es deeper explanation on this matter.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Protecting your hand is one thing and shoving when he has draws isn't that good idea because you kinda want him to pay you but with the wrong odds, an overbet would have been just fine and fold to a reraise.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      Protecting your hand is one thing and shoving when he has draws isn't that good idea because you kinda want him to pay you but with the wrong odds, an overbet would have been just fine and fold to a reraise.

he can have so many draws, JJ/any pair+draw, depends on his stats i guess but overbet/fold is terrible for sure.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      I have to say It's standard play for me as well. I think he can be on so many draws that we have to protect as much as we can. Maybe I'm wrong, so I would really like to see veriz'es deeper explanation on this matter.
      I guess I already explained myself pretty clearly but I can add few comments. As for example if we were there against very nitty opponents who are passive ones, I'd consider folding to the raise. But while we are against unknown, we never know his range or either AF, therefore I don't mind even either going broke or Bet/Call. Just folding might be a bit too weak just for the reason that he may also raise there with any overpair, maybe even TP, maybe with some draw or maybe even as bluffs, we never know. Therefore giving up directly on flop is a bit too weak vs unknown but of course it's fine if you feel like he is more kinda passive guy and doesn't play around with you.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      So, basicly, once you're check/raised, you can't really missplay your hand in this spot, you can only missjudge your opponent. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      So, basicly, once you're check/raised, you can't really missplay your hand in this spot, you can only missjudge your opponent. :f_biggrin:
      Get used to it, poker is mostly playing against opponents and playing your hand. :) On micros you might win easily money with playing only your cards but on higher limits it will get harder and harder and you have to play more and more against opponents only. Based on the reads/info/stats.