This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AKo -TPTK facing river donk bet

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed)

BB ($38.82)
      UTG ($28.98)
      Hero (MP) ($63.89)
      CO ($51.02)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($33)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) K, J, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($10.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB calls $6

River: ($22.50) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $11, Hero raises $22, SB calls $10.75

Total pot: $66

Hi.
      Villain is totally unknown but based on his stack size I think we can assume he is fishy.
      My thought process: his leading on the flop is probably weak because he doesn't let me bet on the flop so I just called to induce more bluffs ant keep worse hands in his hands (Kx, Jx straight draws) as I thought he was checking turn so I that confirmed he doesn't have much so I didn't made turn bet too big. Surprisingly he called and he donks for 1/2 pot or 1/2 of his stack. It looked like some kind of blocking bet so I thought he must have some kind of one pair hand and min-raised to put him all in.
      Should I just call his river bet here or raising is ok?
      Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gonepoker,

For the reason that he is kinda unknown I guess it's very thing value-raise there on river. Plus such line as he picked often times is a value-line which indicates that he has at least some kind of hand. And for conclusion I'd say that I'd rather just Call and let it be if it's a value, we also get a worthy note on him with what he picked such a line for future play.

Best regards.