[NL2-NL10] NL 10 Q9 blind completion top pair.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I'm very OOP here so I decide to check the flop. When the board pairs on the turn I don't mind my call. I should probably fold the river?

Known players:
      Hero:
      $10
      BB:
      $10
      MP3:
      $5.16
      BU:
      $18.7

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , 9:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) Q:club: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 4:spade: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.3, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($1.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.00
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: I wont complete at all with such hands, it puts just us into difficult spots, rather avoid them.

As played
      Flop: I'd just don it out and see where we stand.

As played if flop was Checked
      Turn: I'd likely donk out myself and see where we stand and maybe even get called by worse PPs.

As played if flop was Check/Called
      River: As it's a freeplay and you played that passively, then just fold the hand here.

Overall, I'd advice you to most more hands from your sessions, you seem to have a lot of leaks, which needs to be fixed or you wont move up the limits. :(

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Thanks! I actually took an extended break over the festive period and have set myself some goals for february so i'll be posting a lot more over the coming 2/3 weeks. I just feel like Q9 in a multiway pot has enough equity to play here. Obviously I dont have the ability to play it profitably OOP so should just fold it preflop, or at least try to take the lead somewhere.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Thanks! I actually took an extended break over the festive period and have set myself some goals for february so i'll be posting a lot more over the coming 2/3 weeks. I just feel like Q9 in a multiway pot has enough equity to play here. Obviously I dont have the ability to play it profitably OOP so should just fold it preflop, or at least try to take the lead somewhere.

Thanks!
      That's a good idea to set goals. I'd advice you to set the main goal to find your leaks. Also posting is one of the main things how you can find them and also read what others write and also try yourself writing some feedbacks. And of course, take advantage of the free coachings in our site. :) And yes the Q9o problem is that of course it might get some odds and stuff but you might put just yourself into difficult spots where you are overplaying your TP but actually where you shouldn't.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      My goals are to play 5-600 hands a day until the 20th when I go on holiday. Review every session. Post as many hands as possible, and minimise my leaks as best I can.

I actually took a break because I was feeling like I was making 0 progress, and unable to beat NL10. I'm back now with renewed enthusiasm to improve :-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My goals are to play 5-600 hands a day until the 20th when I go on holiday. Review every session. Post as many hands as possible, and minimise my leaks as best I can.

There is a limit posting hands per day, it's like 20 hands per day. So watch for that, maybe could also be possible that you post after every 2-3 sessions or something similar. :)

I actually took a break because I was feeling like I was making 0 progress, and unable to beat NL10. I'm back now with renewed enthusiasm to improve :-)

That's actually a very good idea to take break just for the reason that you don't feel yourself that good and you see that don't don't play your A-game. Watch some videos, read articles or post hands or something similar meanwhile.