[NL2-NL10] NL10 99 in limped pot on double paired board

• Meemawuk
      I play this hand cautiously. I obviously gave him A-high that he would bet on the turn since I've checked to him on both the flop and the turn. I can only beat A high on the river though and is he really betting an Ace here? I honestly think its possible since he might make another Ace fold since he bet the turn. Should I just bet the flop here to save the trouble? Or maybe even the turn? I'm not sure what I can rep other than a pocket pair. I may get called by A high?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 4:club: , 2:diamond: , 2:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.40) 4:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.2, SB folds, BB calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($1.00) K:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.5, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.00
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      Lets try this one, it's the first time I reply on a hand so sorry if this is wrong and I do have leaks myself but this is how I would play the hand.

Although your on MP1 I would raise with 99 and there would be less ppl in the pot.
      If MP2 has Kxs and x is a small kicker he will probably fold but now it is cheap to see if he might flop a flush(draw).
      But since you limpt I would bet the flop, you most probably ahead of any kind of hand, someone could have the flushdraw if they hit they'll prob raise you.
      Now the turn is kind of a bet card, if you bet Ax will call you I think since they have 2 pair and top kicker. That disiscion is for the pros to evaluate :p

That's how I would've played it maybe not the correct way, sorry if not.
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: First of all, I'd advice you to raise such hands, 99 is a pretty strong preflop hand to just limp it.

As played
      Flop: I'd donk it out to protect from any kind of draw or overcards.

As played if flop was Checked
      Turn: I'd donk out myself here, to find out where we stand.

As played if turn was Check/Called
      River: Seems like you are playing too much Check/Call line and likely have a leak in that play. I guess you can call here sometimes you might see bluffs like Ace high, maybe even weaker PPs. But overall I don't like your play at all.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      I should bet the flop at least I agree. The reason I check call the river is that I want to give him the chance to bluff again with A-high, though I suppose he will often just check back his A high and i get no value.

It's obvious that since i've come back i'm playing a more passive game than i really should be. I'll need to work on that.