This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 33 He check-raises me on the turn.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Annoyed here to be honest. He c-bets like I expect, then check/minraises the turn. I cant help think that he might be doing this as a cheap bluff because he'd previously seen me call c-bets and take pots away on the turn. I'm probably overthinking it and he has some sort of overpair hoping I'll stack off with top pair, but I cant beat much anyway except a very creative play with 2 overs. Meh.

Out of interest? what is optimal here? should I always be betting the turn? I feel like if I check back the turn he's betting every river and I hate to call. That might be better than getting check/raised on the turn though?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $10.15
      Hero:
      $10.5

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:heart: , 3:club:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) T:spade: , 9:club: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.71, Hero calls $0.71.

Turn: ($2.37) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.5, MP1 raises to $3.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.87
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Better thing is not to float at all with those kind of hands, our plan preflop was to play for set then keep it this way. :) Just fold it on flop. Otherwise Bet/Fold turn.

Best regards.