Multiplier rule

• cobby
      cobby
      Silver
      Hi,
      little question:
      I'm sure you know the multuplier rule "4xouts = % of drawing at turn AND river".
      But shouldn't you actually use the "2xouts +2" rule? Because it's very likely that someone bets on the turn again.
      However i see so many players calculating their odds at e.g. 2:1 when they are drawing to a flush at the flop (if they already have 4 cards of one suit at the flop).
      Isn't it more intelligent to get at least 4:1 (chance to make flush with the next card on turn) or let's say 3:1 (if we add implied odds) on the money?

Like to hear your comments.
      Greetings
  • 2 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      For 2 remaining cards, you only use the "4 times outs = %" if you have to go all-in, call an all-in or the remaining stack of the other guy is really low so implied odds have dropped as well. Only then, no (real) decision has to made after the turn and there will be no extra costs to see the river.

Else, you just look at the outs as if there was only one card to come. A flush draw on the flop is 9 outs or 4.2:1 and depending on the opponent you can add implied odds (though they're low for a flush usually). You can't count getting a free river.
    • cobby
      cobby
      Silver
      ah ok, than i remembered right. Thanks anyway.