[NL2-NL10] NL 5 Rush Poker - JJ

• lynius
      Hey, just wanted to know how you think I played this hand.

I raise middle Position, sizing the bet based on my position, and have two callers. I C-bet on the flop (thought I was heads-up at this point 2bh, but happy to get one person out).

I'm happy with my play up to here, but didn't really think ahead of what to do in the later rounds. I bet on the turn to avoid it being raised to me, and then decided to check the river to let him either check or set the price.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.13, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.13, CO calls $0.13, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.46) 7, 5, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.86) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20.

River: ($1.26) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

Final Pot: $1.74.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and eights(Jd Js).
      MP3 shows two pairs, eights and sevens(7c Ac).

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and eights(Jd Js).
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

I'd raise a bit more pre, like 3 or 4 BB.

And otherwise just bet flop and turn more, make it 3/4 of pot as he may have some kind of draws and worse hands you want to get value from.

On the river there's few lines possible, like c/c against aggro players who bluff with missed draws etc., c/f against passive calling station who will never bet worse, but in vacuum I'd usually c/c reasonable bet and most likely fold to a bigger one as you if you'd bet more that would be reasonable strength and I don't expect them to bet worse here usually.

As played with checking river you have to call it ofc.

Good luck!