[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH JTs

• jxb1977
      Ok my thinking behind the call pre-flop is he could be just be defending the blinds and my hand is playable in position. Is this an ok line to take?

The flop is ok for him to c-bet even when he has missed plus i have an open ended str draw and backdoor flush. So i call, again how is my line?

On the turn how is my check? Should i bet? I probably would have folded to a sizeable bet would that have been ok?

On the river my straight completes but should i bet here for value or am i only getting called or raised by better hands?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.17.

Flop: ($0.51) Q:heart: , 6:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.15) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.15) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.43 (All-In), Hero calls $0.83 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.01
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello jxb1977,

Preflop: Fold it here unless you have a good reason to continue. Likely you don't and I'd rather not advice to Call such raises at those limits.

As played
      Flop: As you Called preflop then such a flop is pretty good for you and I'd also peel once.
      Turn: I'd rather Check behind since we might hit on river and don't want to see Check/Raise or anything like that.
      River: Don't really think that we can hold it here, I'd also Call his shove, he may sometimes as well do that with sets and maybe even 2pairs. Just curious what did he have?

Best regards.
    • jxb1977
      Thanks for the advice Veiz. So best to fold pre-flop in the long run. He had AK.

Thanks again