This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

advise pls

• jude077
      jude077
      Bronze
      hi,

just wondered what to and what not when you reach the final table.
      i have reached four final tables in the last week on party poker. 9$ 1grand
      $9 1grand again and 11$ 5grand. results 6,4 and third. to reach the final table i played really tight but once i reached the final table i went from tight to loose everytime and just can1t understand why, advise pls

jude077
  • 3 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he jude,
      I've moved your question to our MTT-forum, seeberger and a lot of other MTT-players might assist you on this matter!
      Btw,it might be a good idea to join our MTT-Live-coaching, see it in our coaching plan: Coaching-Plan
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      the final tables are the easiest part of tourneys to play , play loads of single table sng & pretty much all you need , its getting to those final tables is the problem
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      i dont think you are supposed to loosen up dramatically when you reach the final table, but i guess a lot depends on your relative stack size. I dont play the big tournaments but have plenty of the 90 man final tables under my belt, and i always seem to do well tightening up at the final table (as im pretty lose around the bubble - note the bubble on these 90 man turbos is justbefore the final table). anyway i digress. i tighten up and let poeple knock each other out and i wait. wait for that one spot, where i can substatially add to my pile (like someone trying to steal my blind when i have 77+, A9+.

The when its down to four, i basically play ICM. Steal alot with good/medium hands (say on button A6+). And raise big - dont frig around like raising 3XBB when you only have 8BB.

Luck is also a factor and if you are making the final table as regularly as you say, it wont be long till you win a couple of big ones. gl