$4.85
      BB:
      $5.27
      MP3:
      $5.45
      CO (Hero):
      $5.80

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.50, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.22) 6, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Turn: ($3.02) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.02) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.02.

Had 4 hands on the villain so no usable info. He was playing 10 tables so I don't think he had the time to exploit my play in this hand.

I'm thinking he called the 3-bet with some KJ+ A10+, suited or not. After 42 hands his stats were 26/14 with little aggresion and at showdown in a big pot he had the best hand.

I timed out here thinking that most of the time I was crushed on the river since AK wouldn't bet that big on the river.
  • 3 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I thought I'd post and say that I have no idea here either.

What is he checking back on the flop that can bet the river? I can only think of TT and QJs. Is Jx or Qx trying to get value from an underpair on the river with that betsize? Possible also he's just valuebetting QJs and thinks you'll pay him off with some sort of 1 pair hand?

I'd probably want to bet the turn here as well since if he's calling with QT, his range also has a number of Pair + gutshot hands that you can get value from and protect against. I think it would also make a river decision easier?

Interesting to see what Veriz says :-)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello L3ST,

The problem is that he may as well bluff there on river and I am pretty sure sometimes he might even play this way his AK type of hand which doesn't want to get Check/Raised or anything on turn. Plus with our Check on turn we kinda induce him to bluff as we played this way. But more often I'd just Bet myself on river, ~$1,40 or something similar.

Best regards.
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Now that you mentioned it, I also see my two checks as being very weak, and IP I probably wouldn't do that. Thanks.