Feeling sad...

• fl4m3r
      fl4m3r
      Bronze

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After achieving 25BI for NL10, I moved up and experienced this. Quite demoralising. This is the 2nd time i tried to move up already. Lost 6 BIs within 300 hands, out of the 6BIs, 3 BIS when I was at least 70% ahead.

Feel sad and don't want to do anytihng especially it is chinese new year...

it is a chinese festive season whereby we will gamble, even cheap gambling with my family also lose, really out of luck..
  • 12 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      How would you feel if you'd experience -30BI downswing then?
    • fl4m3r
      fl4m3r
      Bronze
      if it is within 10minutes then i probably would be dam angry with myself.

i suffered this in less than 300hands, 9mins...

-$453/hr
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Don't count your losses per hour like this :) There's no point doing that, the big negative numbers might just annoy you, and they doesn't show the truth.

Shit happens after all, better get used to it.

Maybe you tilted, no? It reminds me very much of tilt.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I agree don't coout losses per hour...especially if your session vas very short... :D Look at overall winrate. Go trough your hands and check if u did many mistakes. If answer is no, than don't worry...if the answer is yes, read articles, post hands for evaluation... :)
    • fl4m3r
      fl4m3r
      Bronze
      No I didnt tilt. Like i said, i have stopped playing simply because I told myself that if i get below $180 i would need to move down. I moved down within 10minutes of moving up to NL10.

I didnt bother about money per hr, im just explaining how fast i lost all 7BIs
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I have taken multiple shots at NL10 after being a consistent winner at NL2 and NL4 and have been crushed every time. I'm only starting to get my shit together on it and have booked a few consectutive small winning sessions. It'll be a while before I recoup the cash I've lost taing shots. Dont worry about it. It gets less annoying the more times it happens.... though that doesnt sound like much of a consolation.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      being a consistent winner at NL2 and NL4
      winrate? sample size?
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze

Feels like I'm stuck in a closed circuit and I just can't get out, when I raise with AK etc and I don't hit I always get called down and when I do have a hand I never seem to get value out of it because they always fold and I use the same bet sizing etc. :( My sets run into two pair that hit that 6 outer at best on the river I'm surprised I can even find the power to "breakeven".
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      That's awesome if you manage to breakeven during a complete shitstorm of a run ... It's all very standard, you just need to play A TON ... good and bad variance evens out the more volume you put in - and then only ur skill/true winrate matters.

5000 hands is no sample at all - that's less than a day's work for most (semi)professionals and in short term, anything can happen.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Ty for the support bro. =)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      Ty for the support bro. =)
      Np, take my word for it when I tell you that I know EXACTLY what's going through your mind and how u're feeling - I've literally been there, all you really can and must do is learn/improve as much as possible and play as much as possible regardless of the outcomes.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      My advice would be to take a break when you are losing. I just played ~1000 hands and had aces cracked, kings cracked twice, queens cracked twice, flopped a full house and lost, amongst other beats, but I am only down 3 BI and ended the session. Take a break and play when you feel better and you shouldn't see the massive down swings.

If you're struggling with NL10 then get a coach and study to improve your game before trying it again. Would also help to have 40BI rather than 25. Best of luck in the future!