BB ($2.73)
      UTG ($2.03)
      UTG+1 ($2.04)
      UTG+2 ($0.88)
      MP1 ($2.03)
      CO ($1.38)
      Hero ($3.49)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $0.24, fold, Hero calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.50) 9:heart: 3:spade: A:club:

SB bets $0.24, Hero folds

SB wins $0.47

I don't see point in just calling his cbet, it's either reraise or fold , right ?

villian's stats ; VPIP/PFR 13/10 and 8% 3bet, over 180hands
  • 3 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He, this is a typical steal/resteal-situation. You could consider going broke preflop with your hand -even against this oponent!

Calling for set value is not really possible - remember our call20-rule?
      So whats left? If you call you possibly have to move/play on on several flops that look good. But on ace-high thats just a guessing game - a raise would isolate you against better hands, namely Ax, you'ld only get KK to fold here.
      On the other hand most oponents play pretty honest in 3bet pots, so call flop and see what he does on the turn is also viable.

I suggest -to keep you out of trouble - to 4b pre or fold pre.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Well, usually I base my decisions on flop and my opps stats/actions .

I think opp's line was pretty strong and good stats, I'd put him on a range of AJ+, I don't he has lower than AJ because he wudn't 3bet pfr imo, maybe 99\TT+ and he's defending his hand.

I guess if there wasn't Ace/King on the board, I'd reraise him on flop. because I don't see him playing such play with very wide range with those stats, maybe those stats indicates nothing because of sample, but it gives us a little taste about his style maybe.. ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think opp's line was pretty strong and good stats, I'd put him on a range of AJ+, I don't he has lower than AJ because he wudn't 3bet pfr imo, maybe 99\TT+ and he's defending his hand.

Why not weaker? Although that's somehow true for the reason that those people on those limits just don't resteal that often and rather doing for value. But it could also be that he has a wider range for the reason that he think that you are stealing.

I guess if there wasn't Ace/King on the board, I'd reraise him on flop. because I don't see him playing such play with very wide range with those stats,

And if there wont be an Ace or either a King on flop, I wouldn't always raise either for just the reason that he wont continue with a lot worse while he still could 2nd barrel on turn against us with his bluffs. Plus when we just Call he might be more inclined to go broke with just a weak hand. But of course it's also fine to raise right on the flop.

maybe those stats indicates nothing because of sample, but it gives us a little taste about his style maybe.. ?

Yes, it rather gives the style of the opponent. And also for example fold bb vs steal is a stat which would tell you how often he is folding from blinds. And sometimes also they have bigger % 3betting from the blinds.