[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50, AQo good for squeeze here?

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $61.20
      BB:
      $52.30
      MP3:
      $48.25
      CO:
      $42.35
      BU:
      $55.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      MP3 raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $8.00

Player in the UTG+1 seems to be a somewhat decent player.
      His stats (small sample) 22 hands, VPIP/PFR:24/24.

Caller on the CO:
      - loose calldowns
      - 2 barrels T and R on 773 w/ QT, when checked to/ OOP
      - calls 3bet w/ 46s IP, MS

My reasoning behind this play was:
      1) Bluff vs. the openraiser, because I don't expect him to call with worse than AQo.
      2) Play for stack with the caller, if open-raiser folds and CO calls.

A lot of people say, that they don't want to isolate with such a hands, because they isolate vs. the PFR aggressor and the CO will fold. Also this statement makes sense, but I anyway I think, that we have more FE vs. PFR.

Q:
      - What do you think is basic squeze value and bluff range in a situation, where REG opens and bad loose player calls? You are OOP.

Roughly speaking I think My value range here could be smthg like:
      TT+, AJ+,ATs, KQs, KQo if I think, that PFR will fold and CO will call.

But bluff range:
      - actually I don't think I want to make my range polarized here;
      - if PFR folds a lot and CO also (or he folds a lot to F cbets), then something like: A9s-A6s, ATo-A7o (4.8 %).

Thank you for reply.
  • 3 replies
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      thats an ok situation if opener fold alot to 3b and fish calls alot to 3b. thats it i think
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Anger86

Q:
      - What do you think is basic squeze value and bluff range in a situation, where REG opens and bad loose player calls? You are OOP.

But bluff range:
      - if PFR folds a lot and CO also (or he folds a lot to F cbets), then something like: A9s-A6s, ATo-A7o (4.8 %).

Thank you for reply.

This fish seems to fold enough to cbets so I think that we can 3-bet a wider range for value (it all depends if he actually cold calls our 3-bets, and if he starts to fold we need to adjust).

I'd probably go with TT+, AJ+ and maybe KQs.

We also have to adjust based on how the other regs would react in these spots.

As far as bluffing range goes I would not actually bluff here unless we see that both players fold a lot to 3-bets. As a rule of thumb, when I'm 3-betting/squeezing when fish are involved I increase my value range considerably and temporarily remove most (if not all) of my bluffs.

As per the second part of your question, I would not 3-bet suited aces but rather call with them. I like them postflop, equity wise and especially with relative position.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by Anger86

Q:

But bluff range:

Thank you for reply.

This fish seems to fold enough to cbets so I think that we can 3-bet a wider range for value (it all depends if he actually cold calls our 3-bets, and if he starts to fold we need to adjust).

I'd probably go with TT+, AJ+ and maybe KQs.

We also have to adjust based on how the other regs would react in these spots.

As far as bluffing range goes I would not actually bluff here unless we see that both players fold a lot to 3-bets. As a rule of thumb, when I'm 3-betting/squeezing when fish are involved I increase my value range considerably and temporarily remove most (if not all) of my bluffs.

As per the second part of your question, I would not 3-bet suited aces but rather call with them. I like them postflop, equity wise and especially with relative position.
      +1
      against fish I think I´d 3-bet mostly for value, sometimes I may take in my range smt like JTs, but I think call is also fine. Being oop you always have option to lead out if you feel so. So I´d rather not play big pot oop with marginal hands.