This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50, AQo good for squeeze here?

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $61.20
      BB:
      $52.30
      MP3:
      $48.25
      CO:
      $42.35
      BU:
      $55.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      MP3 raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $8.00

Player in the UTG+1 seems to be a somewhat decent player.
      His stats (small sample) 22 hands, VPIP/PFR:24/24.

Caller on the CO:
      - loose calldowns
      - 2 barrels T and R on 773 w/ QT, when checked to/ OOP
      - calls 3bet w/ 46s IP, MS

My reasoning behind this play was:
      1) Bluff vs. the openraiser, because I don't expect him to call with worse than AQo.
      2) Play for stack with the caller, if open-raiser folds and CO calls.

A lot of people say, that they don't want to isolate with such a hands, because they isolate vs. the PFR aggressor and the CO will fold. Also this statement makes sense, but I anyway I think, that we have more FE vs. PFR.

Q:
      - What do you think is basic squeze value and bluff range in a situation, where REG opens and bad loose player calls? You are OOP.

Roughly speaking I think My value range here could be smthg like:
      TT+, AJ+,ATs, KQs, KQo if I think, that PFR will fold and CO will call.

But bluff range:
      - actually I don't think I want to make my range polarized here;
      - if PFR folds a lot and CO also (or he folds a lot to F cbets), then something like: A9s-A6s, ATo-A7o (4.8 %).

Thank you for reply.
  • 3 replies
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      thats an ok situation if opener fold alot to 3b and fish calls alot to 3b. thats it i think
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Anger86

Q:
      - What do you think is basic squeze value and bluff range in a situation, where REG opens and bad loose player calls? You are OOP.

But bluff range:
      - if PFR folds a lot and CO also (or he folds a lot to F cbets), then something like: A9s-A6s, ATo-A7o (4.8 %).

Thank you for reply.

This fish seems to fold enough to cbets so I think that we can 3-bet a wider range for value (it all depends if he actually cold calls our 3-bets, and if he starts to fold we need to adjust).

I'd probably go with TT+, AJ+ and maybe KQs.

We also have to adjust based on how the other regs would react in these spots.

As far as bluffing range goes I would not actually bluff here unless we see that both players fold a lot to 3-bets. As a rule of thumb, when I'm 3-betting/squeezing when fish are involved I increase my value range considerably and temporarily remove most (if not all) of my bluffs.

As per the second part of your question, I would not 3-bet suited aces but rather call with them. I like them postflop, equity wise and especially with relative position.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by Anger86

Q:

But bluff range:

Thank you for reply.

This fish seems to fold enough to cbets so I think that we can 3-bet a wider range for value (it all depends if he actually cold calls our 3-bets, and if he starts to fold we need to adjust).

I'd probably go with TT+, AJ+ and maybe KQs.

We also have to adjust based on how the other regs would react in these spots.

As far as bluffing range goes I would not actually bluff here unless we see that both players fold a lot to 3-bets. As a rule of thumb, when I'm 3-betting/squeezing when fish are involved I increase my value range considerably and temporarily remove most (if not all) of my bluffs.

As per the second part of your question, I would not 3-bet suited aces but rather call with them. I like them postflop, equity wise and especially with relative position.
      +1
      against fish I think I´d 3-bet mostly for value, sometimes I may take in my range smt like JTs, but I think call is also fine. Being oop you always have option to lead out if you feel so. So I´d rather not play big pot oop with marginal hands.