[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 44 vs lag

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $10.72
      Hero:
      $8.75

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:diamond: , 4:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 2:spade: , 7:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.05) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($2.05) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $4.05

This time I decided to fight (or just call) for the pot. I think that I should bet out turn.
  • 5 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      I would fold the flop bet.

You have no odds to call and only 3rd pair
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i would call here, because you are def. not drawing out against an overpair, and you can often get him to fold kq/aq/ak etc on the turn. Don't understand why you waited for the river though...
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      fold flop or reraise flop. call is not good. => fold ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Re-raise with nothing. Again don´t understand that. If I hit 4, 3 or 6 or another small card comes I could bet out turn. Check/re-raise would be pushed or called better hands and maybe even Ax. I build big pot with nothing and then I still have to check/fold turn unimproved.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      thats right. A c/r would be a bluff. You could do it with nearly with any2, because if you get called, villian has a better hand.
      But the problem with calling is this:
      If you c/c the flop, it seems quite weak (for example, you would raise a set). And you can´t call another bet on turn on river, but usually villian will bet on turn and/or on the river for value with a better hand or as a bluff, because you show a lot of weakness.

c/c flop + donk turn is a bluff, too. If you get called on the turn you are beat. (in this example the turn is special, because you hit an one-card-idiotend OESD; but you can´t assume to this).
      Then c/r the flop is better, because he will fold more hands and he don´t get the change to improve.

because of this, i think c/f flop is fine. It is very very hard to play this hand oop profitable.