This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AA 250 bb deep

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.13)
      BB ($11.60)
      UTG ($23.08)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($11.59)
      BTN ($39.93)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) K:spade: T:diamond: 9:heart:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $3.30, Hero raises to $7.50, BTN raises to $24.40, Hero calls $16.68

On flop he raises and probably this is just a call even on drawy board, to keep pot small right?

edit: 34/14/2.8, WTSD 31, 347 hands
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

While being so deep, I don't like going broke there right on flop at all, he is rather not going broke there with just TP anyways, more often even has a stronger hand. I'd rather just Call and play against him on further streets and decide what would be my lines be. Also you can raise a bit bigger preflop, at least $1 for the reason that we are OOP and so deep.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      he had a straight. What a lucky bastard :D I was so happy that I get action with him so deep with aces and thought it would be so cool to take all his money :D but aces are nothing on flop when you are 250 bb deep. Learned my lesson by payng him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      he had a straight. What a lucky bastard :D I was so happy that I get action with him so deep with aces and thought it would be so cool to take all his money :D but aces are nothing on flop when you are 250 bb deep. Learned my lesson by payng him.
      Yep, actually I'd rather have position on the opponent when I am 250BB deep and also I am never getting it in on such a flop and it was very likely that he has there at least 2pairs, which I guess he even those would play more passively and likely go broke with sets+ as he did.