SB checks, Hero bets $1.10, SB calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.30) 3:heart: 9:heart: K:diamond: 6:heart: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40

17/11/1.9
      fold to cbet 57
      fold to cbet turn 33
      WTSD 27
      W$SD 55

He can call river with worse king easily so I bet/fold there.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Should be doable, sometimes I see them Calling as well with hands like TT, JJ, QQ or maybe even worse, so seems to be fine.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Really? After betting the turn and him check/calling you're still value-betting the river? Is this because you would expect him to donk into you on the river with a flush or a 9? I would assume he's folding all weaker PP with 1 heart hands that he might have called the turn with on the river.

Also is he really defending the blinds with Kx to a MP raise with 17%VPIP?

I would almost always check back the river here because I honestly dont think I'm getting value from anything. Maybe I'm missing the point.

Obviously the line is bet-fold here but I feel like you more often get a fold or a raise than a call, and sometimes when you get a call, he has a 9. Can I get some more explaination on this?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Is this because you would expect him to donk into you on the river with a flush or a 9?

Why he would not bet with flush or 9x? I guess he should bet with these cards if he wants to get value. So we can assume he is not having such.

In game I thinked wrong probably, I was thinking about worse Kx. But as veriz said there is pocket pairs that might call such small bet. His WTSD is 27 so it is not that low, and my bet is not that big.

And he had QQ there.

Edit: I don't think there is 9x in his range as there is not Kx.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I dont see how he calls with QQ here after you 3 barrel on a paired + flush + overcard board unless he thinks you have complete air or some sort of Ahx kind of hand on the turn, then turning your hand into a bluff on the river.

Why would he suddenly lead into you with a strong hand on the river after playing check/call on the flop and turn. I would try to Check-raise the river with a flush or better here if I took such a passive line. And I'm always check calling with a 9.

I must be completely missing the point.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I dont see how he calls with QQ here after you 3 barrel on a paired + flush + overcard board unless he thinks you have complete

Probably because he is weak, passive player. Think that I don't have a king often there, not pay attention that I raised from early position. Don't know :)

Why would he suddenly lead into you with a strong hand on the river after playing check/call on the flop and turn. I would try to Check-raise the river with a flush or better here if I took such a passive line.

Lead river with flush because if he checks I might check behind and he will not get value.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      But he also loses value when you fold because he's suddenly become aggressive for what seems like no reason other than he's scared to lose value on the river. It's an interesting spot nonetheless.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Yeah, your thinking is also good. Without read why cannot know what is his line with flush there. Might be check/rasie, might be donk bet river, might be check/raise turn.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Yeah, your thinking is also good. Without read why cannot know what is his line with flush there. Might be check/rasie, might be donk bet river, might be check/raise turn.
      This is why I prefer to check back the river. If I ever thought people would pay me off with QQ (which obviously they do) I would also bet the river. I must not be playing these games! lol