[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH AKs

• jxb1977
      My question here is in short handed games should i be happy to get it all in pre-flop with AKs? At the time villian was unknown so had no stats so is a call oop pre, then check/fold if we don't hit an acceptable line? Or is that just to weak and should i 4-bet at least?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 4:club: , 7:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.18, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.27
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello jxb1977,

Preflop: The problem with Calling is that you don't hit often enough to satisfy the Call, you have to play back sometimes on flops to play that way profitable. But of course it's doable. And I wouldn't say that we like always have to go broke here, against nitty opponents it's a bit harder. But as long this one seems to be more kinda loose/aggressive then you can likely 3bet and go broke.
      Postflop: Likely Check/Folding is fine for the reason that we don't know the opponent if he is capable of folding a lot worse hands on this flop.

Best regards.