This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 QQ vs 4-bet

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 6 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.35

Seems very easy fold to me:) UTG+2 was very tight, his pre-flop raise was smt like SSS players have and he thought a while before he raised and then min-reraised.
      Not sure if I can lay down KK on that spot^^ (I know that I shouldn´t, but I was sure that he had KK or AA)
  • 5 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Call if both he and you were bigstacked (+/-100 BB).
      You have to pay 8 BB into a 33.5 BB pot (20 UTG+2, 12 from you, 1.5 blinds)
      Given that, plus certain set value if he holds an overpair, you can call for set value here. Folding against a minreraise with QQ is too weak.

You might even be up against QQ, JJ or AK or even less, it is NL10 after all.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I call for set value and the board is smt like:
      a) 665 or
      b) AQ3

Then it is very hard to get away from set or overpair (but since I called only for set value i have to fold the first one)

If he 4-bet with KK then he won´t pay me off with A on the board.

Generally you are right I only can call for set value- maybe I can even find a way folding set on AKQ board:P

And NL 10 players are much tighter pre-flop than you think . Expect mainacs or tilted persons almost never 4-bet with JJ, QQ, AK. This kind of play usually takes places on higher shorthanded limits:)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Flop 665
      a) He bets, you raise/fold
      b) He checks, you bet/fold

Flop AQ5
      a) He bets, you raise/push
      b) He checks, you bet/reraise

Not that hard :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I might be wrong, but until I see tight player 4-bet with AK or QQ on NL 10, only hands I see him 4-betting is AA or KK.

So flop where I have overpair I play all the way check/fold without the set.
      Since pot is already 4$ I possible can´t acto to the bet- raise/fold.

Hopefully second scenario doesn´t happen. Depends on the reads I might play that hand bet/fold (imo better is check/check/bet). But I´ll definetely post that hand on the forum if that should happen.

Thanks to your advises, important is that I have to call pre-flop for set value, because I get good odds.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      If he's very tight, he has AA/KK in most cases. I'd call for set value - but you have to laydown your hand unimproved, even if a lowcard board comes...