[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 QQ vs 4-bet

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 6 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.35

Seems very easy fold to me:) UTG+2 was very tight, his pre-flop raise was smt like SSS players have and he thought a while before he raised and then min-reraised.
      Not sure if I can lay down KK on that spot^^ (I know that I shouldn´t, but I was sure that he had KK or AA)
  • 5 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Call if both he and you were bigstacked (+/-100 BB).
      You have to pay 8 BB into a 33.5 BB pot (20 UTG+2, 12 from you, 1.5 blinds)
      Given that, plus certain set value if he holds an overpair, you can call for set value here. Folding against a minreraise with QQ is too weak.

You might even be up against QQ, JJ or AK or even less, it is NL10 after all.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I call for set value and the board is smt like:
      a) 665 or
      b) AQ3

Then it is very hard to get away from set or overpair (but since I called only for set value i have to fold the first one)

If he 4-bet with KK then he won´t pay me off with A on the board.

Generally you are right I only can call for set value- maybe I can even find a way folding set on AKQ board:P

And NL 10 players are much tighter pre-flop than you think . Expect mainacs or tilted persons almost never 4-bet with JJ, QQ, AK. This kind of play usually takes places on higher shorthanded limits:)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Flop 665
      a) He bets, you raise/fold
      b) He checks, you bet/fold

Flop AQ5
      a) He bets, you raise/push
      b) He checks, you bet/reraise

Not that hard :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I might be wrong, but until I see tight player 4-bet with AK or QQ on NL 10, only hands I see him 4-betting is AA or KK.

So flop where I have overpair I play all the way check/fold without the set.
      Since pot is already 4$ I possible can´t acto to the bet- raise/fold.

Hopefully second scenario doesn´t happen. Depends on the reads I might play that hand bet/fold (imo better is check/check/bet). But I´ll definetely post that hand on the forum if that should happen.

Thanks to your advises, important is that I have to call pre-flop for set value, because I get good odds.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      If he's very tight, he has AA/KK in most cases. I'd call for set value - but you have to laydown your hand unimproved, even if a lowcard board comes...