Obvious Math

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I was thinking today, and actually over the past couple of days where I've been putting in decent volume often only to break even or win 50BB or lose 20BB a session. I seldom manage to actually get my whole stack in the middle and when I do there are always at least 1 or often 2 spots in a session around 1000 hands where I get sucked out on for a stack. Todays examples:

1. I get it all in on the turn with KK on a J high board vs QQ and he 2 outers me for a stack. So Not only do I not win $9, I lose $10 effectively putting me very close to 2BI below EV? (obviously not exactly 2BI below EV since QQ will beat KK in that spot 5% of the time)

2. I get it all in with Kings again on a 9 high flop and he has 94o and rivers the 4 for 2pair. This time only for half a stack.

So these things are pretty standard and I accept they are part of the game, and I play on, not tilty just playing my A-game, and finish down 30BB for 1000 hands.

So I managed to grind back to almost even from 2 hands where I got it in good, and lost.

In summary, instead of being +$27, I'm -$3. Thats a $30/3BI swing that would be a nice boost to my BR since I'm currently taking a shot at NL10. My gripe is that I never see these +3BI sessions. I'm not complaining that I never run good, I'm complaining that I can't seem to avoid running bad long enough to book a decent winning session.

Just felt the need to post this somewhere. I'm currently working on fixing other aspects of my game, eliminating leaks etc that should mean that until I hit that upswing, I won't lose much.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      1 session is completely nothing because there is no much variance involved. As soon as one can accept that ''EV'' is only applicable long term (That is like >50k or even >100k hands) , you can beat the games.

Oh and I think looking at how much you are up or down in $ after every session is really mediocre for your improvement because you reward making money while you can play horribly for example.

- Gerv
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Thanks. Solid advice here Gerv. Thats obviously why you're paid all that money......... phallus.

This thread was more of a rant than anything else. It's great to see that the coaches motivate people to keep posting and improve their game.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If it is something with numbers, I'm always lurking to see if I can learn some new tricks or join the discussion :)

Good luck on the tables!