This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A4o in freeplay

• Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,67
      MP2:
      $4,36

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 4:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,25) Q:heart: , 7:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25.

Turn: ($0,75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, MP2 raises to $1,50, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,25

Comments please.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Don't 2nd barrel there, it is very likely that he has a hand there which he is going to continue. This is the spot where you can just Check/Fold on turn.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Is there anything that makes this spot different then most others. Because as Bierbaer suggested commenting one of my hands:

"I'd generally pot on the flop in limped HU-pots and give up if the board was A high (since the opponent won't fold Ax).
      On lowcard boards I follow through on the turn with another potsized bet oftentimes as a lot of opponents call the first bet on a lowcard board with random overcards but they fold to a 2nd barrel."

I'm doing just that, and you evaluated few of such hands where I second barrelled, and said it's OK. So, there has to be something I don't understand here, but I don't know what, or is it just experience?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The problem is that it's unlikely that they are having a very weak hand, which they will fold for the reason that 2nd 7 came. Plus the opponent is way too loose to make him fold anyways even if he has there any kind of draw or weak PP. And of course it's just a freeplay pot, ain't worth to fight for.