This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 JJ postflop play with overpair

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO ($61)
      Button ($44.75)
      Hero (SB) ($51)
      BB ($102.20)
      UTG ($52.40)
      MP ($50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      1 fold, MP bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) 10, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero raises to $9, MP calls $6

Turn: ($22.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($22.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $14, ...

Villain is 20/4; aggression 0,5; 57 hands.

I don't like my line on the flop too much- should have gone for pot control. Than I got scared on the turn when villain called my flop check/raise.

What about c/c flop, donk/fold turn and bet/fold river 1/2 pot?

I really got lost in this hand. Yeah, advice needed!
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      So if you got scared when he called your ck/raise on the flop what was your plan? Surely you can't be happy if he 3-bets and if he folds we possibly lose value.

If he is a passive player there's a good chance that he won't reraise you with a draw so his range could be a bit wider (for calling). However, if that 4% PFR is any indication of how he plays (60 hands its an ok sample) you are facing quite a strong range (99+, AQs, AK for example).

So if you consider that range you are only 48% favorite on that flop vs it. I'd probably call and see what he does on the turn. Alternatively, because he is a passive player, you can consider donking the flop so he doesn't check back his overs/weak draws.

As played I think we have to ck/fold the river. I don't see (m)any hands that can call your bet there (or better than can fold).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He should call us down smt like AT and maybe also 88 type hand so I don´t mind river bet
      If you c/r flop for value you should also b/c turn for value, so I´d b/c turn as played.
      Also a little safer way to get value from worse hands is to bet/bet/bet
      He may easily call down with Tx or middle pair hands and if he seems passive you can b/f at any street, since he shouln´t raise there with worse hands too often