Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $11,5
      Hero:
      $10,3

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.97 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , 7:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0,35, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, CO calls $0,65.

Flop: ($2,15) 5:club: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $1,3, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,15

Not sure if the board is good enough to land a ~3/5 pot size cbet. He can easily have pocketpairs to call it. He might even call it with ace high. Whats the right course? (don't tell me to fold preflop because I do this base on my table image/villian, its not like I do this every time)
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: And how often does he fold to 3bet? You didn't even mention that, so therefore I am telling you to fold preflop. :D

As played
      Postflop: Without any good reason, I'd rather just fold it here, not really worth trying anything fancy. He likely has here a PP more often.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: And how often does he fold to 3bet? You didn't even mention that, so therefore I am telling you to fold preflop. :D

As played
      Postflop: Without any good reason, I'd rather just fold it here, not really worth trying anything fancy. He likely has here a PP more often.

Best regards.
      100% fold to 3bet from 2 attempts over his 100 hands. Than I forgot that his stats were quite loose and it was actually a bad idea to do it. Despite being in that situation, I still have to think if cbetting is fine or not. :]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      100% fold to 3bet from 2 attempts over his 100 hands. Than I forgot that his stats were quite loose and it was actually a bad idea to do it. Despite being in that situation, I still have to think if cbetting is fine or not.

That's also the reason I don't really like the 3bet. What do you mean by CBet? If he is Checking to us? Yeah, we are CBetting then against that kind of opponents, how else we can win the pot.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      100% fold to 3bet from 2 attempts over his 100 hands. Than I forgot that his stats were quite loose and it was actually a bad idea to do it. Despite being in that situation, I still have to think if cbetting is fine or not.

That's also the reason I don't really like the 3bet. What do you mean by CBet? If he is Checking to us? Yeah, we are CBetting then against that kind of opponents, how else we can win the pot.
      I mean if there is any good (and profitable) way to win the pot on that board. Thus I mean if cbetting is profitable against him. His WTS is rather low, I was in a very hard spot to think what to do and eventually time ran out thus the check.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney

I mean if there is any good (and profitable) way to win the pot on that board. Thus I mean if cbetting is profitable against him. His WTS is rather low, I was in a very hard spot to think what to do and eventually time ran out thus the check.
      Don't know I see him donking there actually, so you folded. :D And folding is likely better, raising would cost too much for us and we never will be sure either we are ahead or not.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney

Don't know I see him donking there actually, so you folded. :D And folding is likely better, raising would cost too much for us and we never will be sure either we are ahead or not.
      Oops I misunderstood the whole situation, ha. I remember a very similar situation where I was in the blinds with the same hand.