BTN ($18.49)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:club:

UTG raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold

FLOP ($0.50) 6:club: 9:diamond: A:spade:

Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

TURN ($1.10) 6:club: 9:diamond: A:spade: J:diamond:

Hero bets $0.80, UTG calls $0.80

RIVER ($2.70) 6:club: 9:diamond: A:spade: J:diamond: 4:spade:

Hero bets $2.30, UTG raises to $4.60, Hero ???

vpip: 21, pfr: 14, af: 0.5, 14 hands

Almost unknown. misplay on flop, missed preflop action because he would cbet this board a lot so letting him to that would be better. but somehow donked out as i thought he was on SB and i was pfr. anyways. action went how it went but how do you think what is best line on river?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nktns,

Flop: Doesn't really make sense to donk here, rather just Check/Raise, if he has the ace he is willing to pay you off. For the reason that he is very often CBetting the board anyways, while he could easily just fold to the donk and we wouldn't even get the CBet money.

As played
      Turn: I guess you could consider Check/Raising now, although for the given reason that he is kinda passive guy, then I might even just donk out myself as long I did it on flop. But also we don't have a lot of hands on him, therefore also rather just bet out.
      River: That's kinda sick, I don't really get with what he did slowplay that long and while being so deep, I guess 3betting is kinda close, although doable. But I guess I'd just Call it for the 1st time. Also for the reason that we don't know the opponent. Just curious, what did he have then?

Best regards.
    • nktns
      nktns
      Bronze
      He had AA. i will better keep quiet how far it went on river. :D

btw, if he bets flop, i raise, he 3bets? what's best line then? just 4bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nktns
      He had AA. i will better keep quiet how far it went on river. :D

btw, if he bets flop, i raise, he 3bets? what's best line then? just 4bet?
      Likely just Call and donk the turn for example or if you expect him to bet again then Check/Raise might work as well. But often times I like to donk out myself but if we are capable to shove on river then you can as well just Check and let him bet. Getting directly in on flop ain't a very good play, since he still might fold some hands. For example could be bluffing or whatever, or exactly that kind of hand what you just told him to have. :D

Anyways we did play perfectly our hand when we Called the river. He wont Call our shove anyways there. Also we got a good note on him, that he ain't even giving up on A board. :f_biggrin: