FLOP ($9) K:diamond: J:heart: 3:heart:

Hero bets $5.75, raises to $16, Hero raises to $56 (AI), calls $40

TURN ($121) K:diamond: J:heart: 3:heart: T:club:

RIVER ($121) K:diamond: J:heart: 3:heart: T:club: 8:diamond:
  • 6 replies
    • YDdraigGoch
      YDdraigGoch
      Bronze
      why are you 3betting k9o and not aq when you say he calls them a lot i see not much sense 3betting k9o anyway what is your reasons for it?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      against his range K9o plays quite well, and his folding frequency was so high it felt like a no brainer.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well you can´t b/f tp hand so bet/shove is fine
      I´d likely would just c/c him down to let me bluff with worse hands
      if flop goes c/c I´d bet turn and river
    • YDdraigGoch
      YDdraigGoch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      against his range K9o plays quite well, and his folding frequency was so high it felt like a no brainer.
      if he;s folding to 80% of your 3bets k9o players really bad against his calling range ldo i see no reason to turn your hand into a bluff, flatting pre is much better, you dont want to be 3betting these type of hands if his fold freq is really high flating hands which play best in single raised pots when he is opening a high % so you keep in all worse k's/9s in his range, better to 3bet a more polarized range hands like 106s/j4s and w/e i.e the best hands in your folidng range pre.

agree?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YDdraigGoch
      Originally posted by conall88
      if he;s folding to 80% of your 3bets k9o players really bad against his calling range ldo i see no reason to turn your hand into a bluff, flatting pre is much better, you dont want to be 3betting these type of hands if his fold freq is really high flating hands which play best in single raised pots when he is opening a high % so you keep in all worse k's/9s in his range, better to 3bet a more polarized range hands like 106s/j4s and w/e i.e the best hands in your folidng range pre.

agree?
      I would generally call, but it is fine to balance your 3-bet range likely that hand. People would hands like 89s, 78s so you´re not always dominated and you take initiative.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah I think its a reasonable line to take.

I tend to call /w AQ vs this guy to extract 3 streets of value as this guy will more than likely go broke /w KQ etc on a Qx flop