SNG bankroll management advice

• yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, hope you're having a great day!

Signed on today to realize that I'm silver. Woo hoo!
      Anyway, I have a question. I hope someone can help me out with some advice. Basically, I've started playing cash games, but I want to move into SNG's. I've never really tried them, and they look like fun. Okay so I have $45 in my bankroll on FTP. (I got the starting capital on cake poker, but MAN is it deserted D: ) The guidelines say I should only play SNGs with a max buy in of 2% of my total bankroll. This means $1 is too high for me to play; but I've also read that it's really hard to play lower SNG stakes than $1, and on FTP all the SNG's below $1 are all turbo etc... and I personally HATE turbo games. I think I should just start at the $1 stakes, but I would love to hear your wisdom on the matter first.

Thanks for checking out my thread, means a lot to me.
      Cheers.
  • 4 replies
    • Poker4Taxi
      Poker4Taxi
      Bronze
      Sorry if this sounds silly, but you can win $5 in cash games to get the stake can you not? Or deposit $5 more (or minimum deposit more)?

I am no expert and dont play SnGs however.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I think the $1 games are a good start. If you know something about poker and can play ABC style, your 40 buy-in Bankroll should be enough.

I personally keep a 100 buy-in bankroll management because -100 buy-in downswings can occur when ROI (return on invest) drops to a low %

goodluck in your games.

And the smaller games are beatable just as easy as the $1 games are In my opinion
    • yoonsi
      yoonsi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yvonnejansen And the smaller games are beatable just as easy as the $1 games are In my opinion

I think, I'll try a few games at lower stakes, just to see how it goes :) that way I can base my decisions at least partially on my own experience.

And to Poker4Taxi:

I did think of that, but I don't have any easy ways to get money online onto my accounts... getting the first $10 on FTP was SUCH a mission, so I'm treating that bankroll like a child... nurturing it... growing it... till its big... big and strong. Strong enough to take down my enemi- ....guess I trailed off.
    • Poker4Taxi
      Poker4Taxi
      Bronze
      Fair enough, I found FT a pain, so I just didnt deposit, and got about 5 of my mates off it (so we could play together) as well, so I saw it as their loss.

Other people's answers sound better anyway :)