[NL2-NL10] AKo board paired which saved my bacon.

• Poker4Taxi
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.97 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:heart: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.04, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) A:club: , J:spade: , 2:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP1 folds, CO raises to $2.01 (All-In), BU folds, Hero calls $1.77 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.16) 6:spade:
      River: ($4.16) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Ks)
      CO shows two-pair, aces and jacks (As 2d)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Ks)
      CO wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (As 2d)

Call an all-in with TPTK

THe raise preflop was a misclick, I pressed bet before raising the value. It would have been between 8c.

THanks in advance.
  • 4 replies
    • koosMaras
      Well that missclick let some unwished hands to enter the pot. Calling post-flop really depends on your opponent's style. Usually his push should indicate really strong hand because he shoves when you Cbet against 3 players behind. If he's good, he puts you on TP and knows that he has you beat. If you see him very loose and aggressive it can be any Ax, QJ+ and maybe flusdraw. Now if villain is someone like TAG or unknown I give him 22, AJ and rarely AQ. AK, JJ and AA would simply 3bet your minraise.
      So would call against loose-aggressive and fold against tight or unknown.

P.S. Question to the coach: Why it was a split if Poker4Taxi had AAJJK and villain's hand was AAJJ6?
    • Poker4Taxi
      It wasnt a split. I think he just won the excess he had over my stack (I hope).

The rest of your points are right, should have read him as stronger than me and folded there. Thanks for the feedback
    • veriz
      Hello Poker4Taxi,

His play doesn't make sense at all, I don't think that he would play this way his sets and also I see them shoving there as well with any Ace on those limits. I guess it ain't that big mistake to get it in there. Although sometimes I even prefer to fold it there for the reason that we haven't but much into the pot anyways. Also I'd make a smaller CBet, ~$0,15.

And it ain't a split pot, more likely just wrong info.

Best regards.
    • Poker4Taxi
      Many thanks