$2.16
      MP3:
      $2
      CO:
      $2.19
      Hero:
      $2.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.97 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.11

---

I played this to chart. Is it time to start mixing up my raises with position factored in as well as number of limpers.

Perhaps only 3X +1perlimper in late position?
  • 3 replies
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Mixing your raises with position factored should mean that you would raise something like 2x from EP, 2.5x from MP and 3x from late? Wouldn't recommend that, because I tried it and can say that, for example, with minraising from EP you'll often see yourself against 3-5 players in NL2, while AA,KK are the hands which we want to play HU or against max 2 opponents post-flop. Just raise 4xBB+1 BB per limper and make them pay more for their mistakes. If they think their hand is really good to play they will call.

Here''s one of my hand when I had AA:

SB ($0.49)
      BB ($2.28)
      UTG ($2.83)
      UTG+1 ($2.47)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($0.87)
      Hero ($2.08)
      CO ($2.82)
      BTN ($1.83)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, BTN calls $0.08, SB raises to $0.14, fold, Hero raises to $2.08 (AI), BTN calls $1.75 (AI), SB calls $0.35 (AI)

FLOP ($4.17) 4:club: 6:spade: A:club:

TURN ($4.17) 4:club: 6:spade: A:club: 3:heart:

RIVER ($4.17) 4:club: 6:spade: A:club: 3:heart: 7:heart:

Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond:
      BTN shows 9:heart: A:heart:
      SB shows Q:club: T:club:
    • Poker4Taxi
      Poker4Taxi
      Bronze
      I wouldnt deviate that much from the SHC yet I dont think, but 2X is very different from 3X +1perlimper. I certianly wouldnt want to be limping my big hands from EP, I agree. But I am beginning to think that position should have some bearing on the size of raise, for the same reason it has a bearign on the frequency of it.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Too small raises may give unexpected results - like players calling too loosely and stuff, so sticking to value line is obviously best line to take at this limit.

You could raise more from EP (4xBB) and less from LP (3xBB) and see yourself how it goes, of course keeping that BB rule per limper and OOP, but that's just a possibility.

I'd say don't worry about that now.

Good luck!